Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

First Impressions of R32

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by Bowen Bloodgood, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I only played for a few minutes but in that short time there was so much to take in..

First off of course.. the Isle of Storms..

Logging in for the first time as a spirit along with Arabella's updated dialogue and the magic mirror go a long way in supported Richard's narrative. Unfortunately, I plan to ignore all that for every last one of my characters. Never the less.. well done.

The floating tutorial text is a nice touch but to me it felt like there sure was a lot of it.

Oh and by the way.. the Oracle is way creepy.

Speaking of the oracle.. the new sounds for the watchers are pretty cool.

I did crash a couple times the first time through the Isle of Storms.. at the mirror and at the rift.. when I logged in again the Start on the World Map was still an option and I skipped the next scene entirely.

I didn't really like how the exits out of the opening scene were blocked off forcing you into a single way out. I felt at that point the player should be able to deviate and go anywhere. Forcing you to go to Soltown for example from Blood River when you can just immediately leave Soltown (which is on the other side of the map) just feels like an unnecessary step along a forced linear path.

I understanding guiding new players but there's little difference between leaving Soltown and leaving Blood River if you're going to immediately chase the story.. and if you are.. there's not that much difference that way either.

Apart from the first two crashes.. or.. was it a crash and a lock up? or two crashes and a lock up? Well anyway apart from those early on my game seemed pretty stable.. I even managed to enter my own town without crashing.. not once.. but 4 times in a row.. that was a nice change. :)

I noticed a pretty stark change in animal behavior.. but I believe that's a known issue.

There is just one bone I have to pick.. guys.. where are the stars? I know I asked for clearer skies a few days ago but this isn't exactly what I meant!

2. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Agree. I wanted to be on the Blood River side of the world.Now I have to level up and walk there after being teleported across Novia.

Acred likes this.
  3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Yes, please give us our skies full of stars and constellations and other bodies. I want to see them most every day (which is several nights ingame)... ;)
    I've grown accustomed to lots of rain nowadays and I'm good with it, especially the thunder and lightening which I enjoy - but I do need to see that sky full of stars more than I have lately......

Bow Vale and Acred like this.
  4. Gix

Gix Avatar

Yeah! I wasn't expecting that change, but I love it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.