Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

First performance experiments with OS X QA patch level 510

Discussion in 'Release 43 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Widsith [MGT], Jun 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

Did this all in a heavily decorated POT, Rift's End.

The initial scene load pause at 94% is if anything longer. There REALLY needs to be some UI feature to let people know what's going on (network sync of some sort, per @Chris). This is so long that some will give up and say it's hung, and at any rate having the percentage complete stay constant while the wheels are turning is deceptive.

Hitching just after loading into scene is still pretty bad (starting in my own deco'ed house) but the frequency of hitching seems reduced when running around the town.

Graphics performance is only modestly better when running through town, roughly 10 - 14 fps vs. 9 - 12 before. However, that varies drastically depending on what is in view. If I stand here:
    Area: Rift's End (POT_island_metropolis_01_template/Rift's End) Loc: (179.5, 90.8, -104.0)
    and look SW 'out to sea', the improvement is almost 2 for 1: up to 28 fps on QA vs 14 fps on R42. However, if I turn N and look at Kvow's heavily deco'ed crafting area with the town beyond, the improvement is maybe 10%. So, as I believe was mentioned either on forum or Discord, speedup has a lot to do with what is in view.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.