First session after a reset...

Discussion in 'New Player Experience Feedback' started by Selenia, Mar 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selenia

Selenia Avatar

After some thought, I decided to go ahead and delete my character and try again starting with the path of Love (I did Truth last time).

My previous first play session feedback I put here: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...new-player-first-play-session-feedback.81574/

And some feedback on my other hours of play here: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/my-first-several-hours.81901/

This version: 03.01.17

BATTLE FOR SOLACE BRIDGE
    • Looks like I missed the battle, but I hear the girl upstairs and lead her to the gate.
    • I can tell you right off I like this experience better than Red River. Red River was huge and easy to get lost in, this feels much more contained.
    !! oops: Crash. Game crash and system crash, had to do a power off reset to get my computer working. Happened right when Edvard the Wanderer ran off toward the undead after giving me arrows.

• Back in game now. Edvard says let's try the bridge again. We make it without a crash this time. :)
    • Ok, we need a lot more training before we have to run thru a bridge of undead. Again, like in my first playsession, I can't stress strongly enough that all the combat spam needs to be on a separate chat tab by default. If there were any instructions on how to use the bow, I missed them in the spam. Some things that need to be told a new player are:
      • You can use G to lock a target and auto-attack
      • Abilities cost focus, but you can still kill enemies when you're out of focus by auto-attacking
      • Some abilities have different ranges
    • Since I already know this, I find the run thru the bridge easy. Definitely a much easier fight than as a mage. The fact that a mage can't do ranged damage at low focus, but a bow can, makes this bow fight much easier.
    • The talk with the elf was neat, I really enjoyed that.
    Overall, Solace Bridge is a much faster and more contained starting experience than Red River. Bow combat is easier and less prone to running out of focus than mage combat.

Quick note on combat: I think that all kinds of combat would be eased by having some indication on the glyphs when a target is out of range.

I look forward to going thru Soltown now...

2. Selenia

Selenia Avatar

A note of a bug:

When I talk to Stanley in Soltown I suddenly get a lot of brown text in his dialog that doesn't seem to fit:

"You are in combat! Defend yourself! 'Z' sheaths/unsheaths your equipped weapons. 'T' toggled an auto-attack of your target. You can also use skills you have equipped to your combat hotbat. 'G' cycles your target through nearby enemies. 'CTRL-G' cycles your target through nearby friendly creatures."

This looks like tutorial text that should have come earlier. The addition of a separate window for tutorial notes would really help keep these from being lost.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.