Fishing Poles

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crendel, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Crendel

Crendel Avatar

I had a normal fishing and put a gold engraving on it to give me +3 fishing. My buddy was fishing with a prosperity and would constantly get cast % in the 60s while I was in the high 30s/low 40s. Anyone else getting this?

Sorthious and EMPstrike like this.
  2. EMPstrike

EMPstrike Avatar

Yes, atm prosperity fishing rods are 2x better than all fishing rods and none of the stats on any fishing pole provide a noticable bonus to fishing. Fishing without a artisan or prosperty rod is costly

3. Crendel

Crendel Avatar

thank you

4. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

im of the opinion that player crafted gear should be at least a little better than the prosperity or artisan tools (at least, once you craft them with mastery and all)

Hazard and Crendel like this.
  5. Sir Stile Teckel

Sir Stile Teckel Avatar

In theory bronze (crafted for any reading that dont know) are better then prosperity for skill, with the trade off being they need repaired.

I think this is more of a bug issues.

Net and Black Tortoise like this.
  6. Jaesun

Jaesun Avatar

I put the Heavy Iron engraving on a pole, which gives it the 3% critical chance (and only 10 durability loss). Have not really seen much difference using it though.

7. EMPstrike

EMPstrike Avatar

It has half the success chance of prosperity

And costs about 2 gold per cast in repairs

Sorthious and MrBlight like this.
  8. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

I use the Heavy Iron Engraved Rod, which gives +3% Fishing Critical Chance, just like the Prosp tool. I notice a huge difference in the amount of fish I catch with it when compared to True Bronze. The other engravings are just lower valued(+2 Fishing, +2% Fishing Crit) The only difference between a Prosp/Artisan tool and the engraved Heavy Iron is the indestructability of the Prosp/Artisan tools.

Vaiden Luro and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  9. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Update: I went ahead and bought a Prosp Rod and tested it against a Heavy Iron Engraved pole. I ran /stats to compare the bonus' of each one and they were identical. However, the Prosp rod consistently, when cast, gave a higher chance to catch a fish. So, there seems to be some unreported bonus for using a Prosperity Rod. So, if you are willing to shell out money to get a prosperity rod you can get a leg-up on those who wouldn't/couldn't pay for one.

10. Crendel

Crendel Avatar

I was using a gold kit and I had the same feeling that I was catching more with the prosperity

Sorthious likes this.