Five-Story Wizards Tower

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by ConjurerDragon, May 26, 2023.

1. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

On the fourth floor:

[​IMG]}

I was placing stuff in the rooms when I ran into this black rectangle.
    That black rectangle is only visible from that side - when the avatar is on the other side of the room it´s not visible. It blocks movement but only from the visible side. From the invisible side it´s passable.

Potty problems:
    [​IMG]

I can place the kobold WC really close to the wall with the window - yet I can´t place it any closer than on the picture to the simple wall on the right. Even stranger: I CAN place other things like the paperholder right next to the same wall but not the toilet...

Third floor:
    [​IMG]
    There is an invisible wall in front of the gothic windows. It keeps the avatar a foot away from them instead of being able to walk right up to them to look out. Candles can be placed in front of the window, but not on the window ledge.

Seeing the Wizard´s Tower (village home) that immediately shows off it´s magical nature with the floating stonestair in front and the two in-house teleporters I expected a similar approach to the the Five-Story Wizard´s Tower (village home) - yet despite having more space there is not more magic involved. There is one secret door (not THAT secret as the entire door makes the cursor turn green and it can be opened, so more obvious than the secret door that has only a one-stone-button to open). Yet anything like the magic of the small Wizard´s Tower is missing and even some of the comforts of mundane houses (e.g. at least one window that can be opened in the fifth floor?).
    I miss things like in-house teleporters, a floating stone stair or more secrets like passable walls.

Imagine that this wall:
    [​IMG]
    would be either freely passable like an illusionary wall or another secret door (however with a small trigger like one stone) to the outside where a stair of floating stones would lead up to the roof - how else would the thatcher get up there?

Last edited: May 27, 2023
  2. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

05/28/2023 10:51
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker? no
    Details: I´m standing in the secret chamber of the Five-Story-Wizard´s Tower. I have several NPC´s on "patrol", e.g. a cylindrical automaton, a mini-ice and a mini-air-elemental. While I was moving stuff around I saw the automaton and the mini-ice-elemental go into and out of that secret chamber - NOT by opening the secret door, NEITHER by simply passing through the secret door without opening it, no - they passed through solid walls. One of them right next to the secret door, the other on the other side of the room. I placed the two chests in front of the walls that had been passed through to mark the places.

Edit: A while later that little Droid took the same way through the wall and drove right over the wooden chest...

Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics (12) System RAM: 15742
    GPU: AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics GPU RAM: 4430
    SotA.Win.64.1659.Date.05.24.23
    Area: Novia_R5_City_Eastmarch
    Area Display Name: Eastmarch
    Loc: (-360.0, 65.0, 246.2)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjVfQ2l0eV9FYXN0bWFyY2h8fCgtMzU5Ljk4MiwgNjQuOTg3LCAyNDYuMjIyKXwoMCwgMC45NTUsIDAsIDAuMjk2KXwtMjAwLjQ3MTF8MTUuODcwNjV8MS44NTM5MjU=

[​IMG]

I did not post that as a bug because I do like illusionarly walls that could be passed through - but only if the houseowner could use them in the same way :cool:

Last edited: May 28, 2023