Fix corpses and looting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 2112Starman, Jun 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Can we have another dev pass at mob corpses after death? The simple fact is that they are a real pain in the buttox. Half the time the mob falls into the ground which leaves a tiny surface for us to hunt around for with out mouse (spamming the "e" key which cant be great on game perf on the server side in a Tears group with 8 people doing it)to find on just about every mob. Could you please just set the corpse to land 6 inchs higher in the game? I dont even care if it looks like its floating a bit at times as long as its not hidden in the ground.

Ive noticed that in many tears groups, people dont even try to loot any more since its so time consuming and problematic.

Its would be sure nice to have auto loot or just press "e" and it loots anything near but I understand that botters exploit that. I hate having to suffer for exploiters.

Its would also be nice to have better options for loot distribution like round robin. having to roll all the time is a real pain in Tears, I spend more time clicking loot rolls then watching what im doing. Have a random or round robin option so anyone can loot and it just distributes easily.

Tears loot troubles:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/273950126

2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Yes, I feel like something happened and it took a step back recently. Or maybe I'm just fighting on more slanted terrain. If the bodies stayed above ground it would be very helpful.

3. yinki2

yinki2 Avatar

it would be great to loot stacking corpses in one click or an aera loot click

4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Might also help with the corpse explode bug.

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Nelzie like this.
  5. amarious

amarious Avatar

You think Tears is bad, check out Quel Shardfall..although from my bug report I might be the only one having any troubles with it.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  6. golruul

golruul Avatar

Also, please don't switch mouselook mode (or have an option for that) when looting corpses. If you spam E to loot a bunch of corpses, a lot of times the cursor remains on the screen.

7. Turok64

Turok64 Avatar

yes please take another pass. this needs to be fixed.
    thanks

8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

There's a long-time Linux bug where, while in mouse-look, the cursor will reappear anytime a UI window opens or closes (or you go out of combat mode). This is compounded by the fact that UI windows fade out when you close them. So, what happens is that you loot a mob, press the interact key or click Take All, press the right house button for mouse-look and then the cursor will reappear because the loot window finally finished fading out and then closed. This is very frustrating and had persisted, despite many complaints, for more than two years.

9. golruul

golruul Avatar

Good news, I'm on Windows and have similar issues! Now we can party in our shared misery!

...but you can have some more alcohol, since Linux users do have more issues than Windows users for this game.

10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

All these issues stem from when they implemented a modal control system, where mouse movement always turns the camera and the cursor would come up when you do something that requires a cursor, like opening a chest or looting a corpse. Instead of trying to cleanup that shitass logic (which is clearly mixed in with the mouse-look logic), they just implement hacks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.