1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fix Needs Testing 68921 and 68922] leashing problems, two dragons

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Aldo, Apr 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I fought the clockwork dragon two nights ago entirely within the rock face at the entrance to the scene.
    Today I fought the ancient yellow dragon inside the rockface at the southeast entrance.

Fights are actually easier, because they tend to stay in place and not fly around. I did not record location via bug report button because the locations are so easy to describe.

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

really, because i'm completely baffled as to what scene has both a clockwork and an ancient yellow.

that said, @Sannio is already looking at a related problem with the ancient white in ulfheim, so this may all be the same issue.

3. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Not the same scene! Clockwork in Krul, Ancient yellow in Northwest blackblade.

4. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

@Aldo, the next time you're in those scenes where the dragons go into the rocks, please type "/loc" into your chat and then paste the contents into a bug report. The problem probably is most likely a problem with the specific rock object(s) that the dragons are moving into. Knowing the scene isn't enough and I need the "/loc" information to put me on the right track. Thanks!

Anpu likes this.
  5. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

The location is very specific. Both were in and around the entrances (one step away). I can go to the scene entrances and post a location if you want and will do so below. Standby lol.

6. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

This is the first location: The copied location below is not correct in the description. There are two entrances to scene at Northwest black blade mountains. This bug was activated at the south entrance to that scene, not North entrance captured by the bug report. If this confuses, then please remember that it is the entrance right in front of the Ancient and regular yellow dragon, the only place in the game as far as I know where the Ancient yellow appears.

04/04/2021 04:47
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate: Happens when fighting dragons near gate occasionally.
    Blocker? No
    Details: Once the dragons enter the rocks, they tend to stay in there and can be defeated easily while inside.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 32670
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1375.Date.03.31.21
    Area: BlackbladePass_NorthEntrance
    Area Display Name: Northwest Blackblade Mountains
    Loc: (87.2, 62.6, -197.9)
    Debug: QmxhY2tibGFkZVBhc3NfTm9ydGhFbnRyYW5jZXx8KDg3LjE5OSwgNjIuNTc0LCAtMTk3LjkyNil8KDAsIC0wLjI0OSwgMCwgLTAuOTY5KXwyOC45Mzg5NHw0Ljk3NDA1NXw0Ljc0NTQ5MQ==

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
  7. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

This is the second location (in Krul) at entrance to clockwork dragon scene.

04/04/2021 05:21
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker No
    Details: Clockwork dragon leashed into the walls around the entrance, clear back to the dungeon wall behind the entrance. Stayed in there for the duration of the fight.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 32670
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1375.Date.03.31.21
    Area: Novia_R3_Underground03_01
    Area Display Name: K'rul
    Loc: (53.6, 130.2, 192.3)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjNfVW5kZXJncm91bmQwM18wMXx8KDUzLjU3MiwgMTMwLjIwMSwgMTkyLjMzMSl8KDAsIC0wLjA0MSwgMCwgLTAuOTk5KXw3MjQuNjA1NHwyMi4xMDk5MXw0Ljc0NTQ5MQ==

8. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

@Aldo, thanks for the specifics!

Northwest Blackblade Mountains issue is #68921.

K'rul issue is #68922

9. Justyn

Justyn Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Fix Needs Testing for both 68921 & 68922

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.