1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fix Needs Testing 71047] Vikland - Loose Stone has nothing in it

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Smegatron, Jan 2, 2023.

1. Smegatron

Smegatron Bug Hunter

01/02/2023 22:39
    Title: Vikland - Loose Stone has nothing in it
    Reproduction Rate: 100% (First time in this scene, first time doing this quest)
    Blocker? Yes
    Details: I found the Hastily Written Instructions, guiding me to the Loose Stone. I found it and opened it... and it contained 7 Spider Silk and 1 gold. Nothing else to continue the quest. And I still have the "Look into Loose Stone" quest active. See Screenshot 1 below.

This might be helpful, it might not...
    • Shortly after fining the Hastily Written Instructions, and before going to the Loose Stone, I killed an Elite Obsidian Elf Mage that dropped a Fragile Vikland Key with a Daemon Etching.
    • And shortly after that I killed an Elite Obsidian Elf Mage that dropped Vikland Instructions with a Kobold Drawing.

To show that I did not accidentally loot anything from the Loose Stone, see Screenshot 2 to see all of my inventory containing the work "Vikland".

What do I need to do to fix and continue this quest?

Screenshot 1 - Looting the Loose Stone...
    [​IMG]

Screenshot 2 - all of my inventory containing the work "Vikland"...
    [​IMG]

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Go to Vikland (for the first time).
    2. Find and read the Hastily Written Instructions.
    3. Perhaps you need to loot the Fragile Vikland Key with a Daemon Etching and/or Vikland Instructions with a Kobold Drawing.
    4. Go to the Loose Stone and open it.
    5. Find that there is nothing further there.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz (4) System RAM: 16313
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU RAM: 6052
    SotA.Win.64.1621.Date.12.19.22
    Area: Mistrendur_R2_Vikland
    Area Display Name: Vikland
    Loc: (-440.7, 134.9, 265.9)
    Debug: TWlzdHJlbmR1cl9SMl9WaWtsYW5kfHwoLTQ0MC42NjMsIDEzNC44NzgsIDI2NS44OCl8KDAsIC0wLjk3LCAwLCAtMC4yNDMpfC00MTY4LjEyM3wzOS40OTg0MnwxMi42MjM3MQ==

Anpu likes this.
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yeah, for what ever reason, the loose stone is blocked from giving anything IF you have any of the other “instructions” drops from the elves.

I don’t quite get that, It possibly could be set up as a daily treasure, once per day. Regardless if you have found any other instructions.

3. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

When stocked, the loose stone should always give at least 1 gold, with possibilities of a few other things like worms and spider silk. The loot will never be notable because it mostly exists for....

...the demon-themed "treasure hunt" key and instructions items. None of the other treasure hunt items will appear in this container.

Also, it should restock itself after 300 seconds.

4. Sannio

EDIT: Also, you'll get a "daily flag" each time you collect a treasure hunt instructions item. When you have this daily flag, you can't collect another treasure hunt instructions item. The daily flag goes away after a day, and you can get treasure hunt instructions again. For @Smegatron 's issue, if you wait a day and go back to the loose stone, you should be able to get the item you need and continue your quest.

5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I *think* what happens (this is just from a few observations I noted), the "loose stone" container item does have a daily reset time. However, IF you happen to have any of the OTHER Instructions in your inventory, the Loose Stone will NOT drop an Instruction. That might possibly be what is happening. I would *assume* it would not care if you have another of the other instructions, and just give it's instruction daily.

If needed I could go an test that. Fairly certain that is what is going on.

6. Smegatron

Smegatron Bug Hunter

I think you both nailed it.

That is exactly what happened the next day.

I think that is what happened. The looted instruction triggered the daily flag, so the loose stone gave me nothing.

@Sannio - If the initial demon status quest is the first in order to get the player acquainted with the daily quests, you may want to consider suppressing the loot drops until the loose stone quest is done. That would allow the player to complete the quest unimpeded. Then let the drops happen. Of course I am not sure if that is doable with loot tables and all. :)

Anpu likes this.
  7. Sannio

Actually, this is supposed to be the case. The ability to collect non-daemon treasure hunt instructions should be allowed only after you finish the initial daemon treasure hunt. I'm not sure why you were able to collect others, but I'll look into it.

EDIT: Added as issue #71047

Last edited: Jan 9, 2023
  8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

fix needs testing as of 1635

9. Smegatron

Smegatron Bug Hunter

@Sannio and @Alley Oop ... I was able to get the key from the loose stone and complete the quest after the daily reset. I also am seeing one daily note and key per day as expected.

The only thing I have not tested is a toon that has never done the quest and try to repeat what happened above. I have a lower-level alt that I can dust off to try this.

Thanks!
    -Smeg

Sannio, Anpu and Alley Oop like this.
  10. Sannio

Thanks for the update!