1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fix Needs Testing 71291] Using New You Salon removes all character nameplates.

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by vulcanjedi, Apr 16, 2023.

Tags:
  1. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

04/16/2023 10:49
    Title: After using New You Salon all nameplates are gone.
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker?
    Details: Tested New You in Port Harmony and after making character changes all nameplates were hidden.
    Steps to Reproduce: Used new you salon. Noticed there were no more nameplates. Went to settings and toggled them a few times. Left zone to another and nameplates did not come back until I talked to another NPC.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1300X Quad-Core Processor (4) System RAM: 16336
    GPU: Radeon RX 580 Series GPU RAM: 8170
    SotA.QA.Win.64.1478.Date.04.14.23
    Area: Mistrendur_R3_PortHarmony
    Area Display Name: Port Harmony
    Loc: (19.4, 133.6, -13.3)
    Debug: TWlzdHJlbmR1cl9SM19Qb3J0SGFybW9ueXx8KDE5LjM1NywgMTMzLjU1NiwgLTEzLjMwNSl8KDAsIDAuOTk1LCAwLCAtMC4wOTgpfDE5MS43NTgxfDMyLjI2ODk4fDIuMTE3MTk4

2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report! Issue #71291

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@vulcanjedi, three two of us cannot replicate this. does it happen again if you go back through?

edit: @Rinaldi found something

Last edited: Apr 18, 2023
  4. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Hi ya,
    I was able to replicate @vulcanjedi 's findings. I went to New You in Port Harmony and did character appearance changes about 20 times, and 2 of those times I re-appeared with no nameplate on me or on NPCs (using hot key to toggle nameplates did nothing), but I was able to get the name plates to re-appear when I spoke to a Ranger NPC
    My character is male.
    I am not sure what specific actions triggered the problem. One of the times it happened, I had only selected and de-selected various tattoo selections, changed the size of my avatar, and rotated the Avatar picture.
    Both times when the problem arose, I reappeared and the camera seemed to be stuck (could not zoom in or out). i could not adjust the camera until i moved my avatar from the position where i spawned back into the zone. Could this have something to do with where (or how) I re-spawn back into Port Harmony (rather than a bug in the New You system)?

Anpu and Alley Oop like this.
  5. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

I suspect there is an error, if anyone can check the log to see if there is anything when its happening that would be great!
    I will try again to reproduce it myself tomorrow

6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

@Rinaldi Was trying to replicate as well, so far no luck, just to be 100% clear, when you say "I re-appeared with no nameplate on me" You are referring to the "nameplate" as this?

[​IMG]

7. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

No not the nameplate in the upper left. The nameplates over the top of all the NPC's and your character. I also toggled both Show Nameplates and Show Player Nameplate and neither changed anything in the display.

Anpu likes this.
  8. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

As @vulcanjedi stated above, the overhead name plate above my avatar and above the NPCs is what disappears.

@DavidDC, I looked in my chat logs and there is no error reported there (in fact, the chat logs give no indication that this issue is going on at all). The game did not crash, so there is no unity crash log. Is there another log I should look for?

Addendum:
    Okay, I am able to reproduce this issue consistently now.
    It seems that it has something to do with the close-up conversation when you talk to an NPC.

This is what I did to reproduce the disappearing nameplates:
    Make sure "Enable Conversation Close-ups" is activated.
    Stand relatively far away from the New You vendor (Yun Hee), and click on her. If you are standing far enough away, the avatar will walk to Yun Hee and the GUI will enter the close-up conversation mode (which is what you want to reproduce the bug). If you are too close to Yun Hee, then the close-up conversation mode will not activate* and the bug will not happen.
    When you are in the close up conversation mode, click on "New You" and then click "Yes, I want to change" in the chat window. SOTA will then go into the new you interface.
    In the New You interface, you can make changes if you want (although the bug still occurs if you make no changes), and then click "finish".
    When you re-appear in Port Harmony, you will not have an overhead nameplate, and neither will the NPCs.

* I am not sure if this is a separate bug. If "Enable conversation close up" is active, but the avatar is close to an NPC when conversation is initiated, then the close-up view is not activated. (I did not have a chance to test this on live server since it was down for maintenance).

Male Character
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 32708
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8081
    SotA.QA.Win.64.1479.Date.04.16.23
    Area: Mistrendur_R3_PortHarmony
    Area Display Name: Port Harmony
    Loc: (13.3, 133.4, -7.2)
    Debug: TWlzdHJlbmR1cl9SM19Qb3J0SGFybW9ueXx8KDEzLjI2MywgMTMzLjQxNSwgLTcuMTY1KXwoMCwgMC43NTYsIDAsIC0wLjY1NCl8LTk3Ljg5NjE4fDI0Ljc0NTkxfDEuMjU=

Last edited: Apr 19, 2023
    Anpu and DavidDC like this.
  9. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

There a bug when talking in a certain distance with a npc sometime he anwser sometime he dont, that could all be related, ill check all this

Anpu likes this.
  10. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

fix needs testing as of 1650