1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[Fix Needs Testing 71871] Blood River Outskirts - Scalps for the Vigalantes

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations & NPCs' started by LiquidBlaze, Jan 5, 2024.

1. LiquidBlaze

LiquidBlaze Avatar

Reproducible, deleted scalps, re obtained, both fake and real scalps, Phineas Drumplemouth will not open trade window to accept.

16gig ram,Intel 11600k,Zotac gtx 3070, win11

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

which scalps did you delete? why did you delete them? when you say

do you mean you have both at the same time?

3. LiquidBlaze

LiquidBlaze Avatar

Yes, so I deleted one, trying everything in confusion and that didn't work either

4. LiquidBlaze

LiquidBlaze Avatar

Update: I have went back and repeated this, Also I picked the quest up in 2017 so I understand there could be a issue there.

5. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

@LiquidBlaze , Many quest NPCs have different answers depending on what they thinks your quest state is. Your answers to the questions below will help me understand your issue.
    1. Please say "elf scalps" to Phineas Drumplemouth and tell me exactly what he says. (You can type it in a reply to this thread or share a screenshot.)
    2. Please say "help" to to Phineas Drumplemouth and tell me exactly what he says.
    3. Please say "elf scalps" to to Alberic (leader of the elf refugees) and tell me exactly what he says.

6. LiquidBlaze

LiquidBlaze Avatar

I just got back to this one, I see now it has been completed in the past but is still in my active journal.

7. Sannio

Specifically, what does your quest journal list for you? There are several variations of this quest and I need to know the details of the task you have to look into it.

Also, is the task appearing in your UI but not showing as active in your journal? If this is the case, please let me know the exact wording of the task appearing in your UI. (By this I mean the list of tasks that appear in the top left of your screen.)

8. LiquidBlaze

LiquidBlaze Avatar

Scalps for the vigalantes is active... Which says...

I met the leader of the vigilantes, northeast of the elven camp. His name is Phineas Dumplemouth and he clearly believes in his cause to eradicate the elves. He asked me to prove myself to him by going back into the woods, find and presumably kill some elves, and then bring back their scalps as proof of my deeds and loyalty to him. However, I may not have to kill any elves to accomplish the same goal. Maybe I could use the scalps of corrupted elves.

in completed journal I have scalps for the vigalantes - ruse completed so I figured it not functioning was basically my charachter being old and coming back after 6 years of patches or something idk. I deleted scalps again but I can go back and try some other time but I tried really elaboratly to get the guy to accept either type.. so idk.

9. Sannio

Thanks for all the info. I've added this to my to-do list as issue #71871

10. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

fix needs testing as of 1699