1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed 69098] "Visit devotional shrines" not resolving

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Vaentorian, May 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaentorian

Vaentorian Localization Team

05/18/2021 18:53
    Title: "Visit devotional shrines" not resolving
    Reproduction Rate: unknown
    Blocker? only for this quest
    Details: Accepted the "visit devotional shrines" quest, visited each patron city while working on Shroud storylines, spoke to a caretaker in each city regarding their associated virtue. After speaking to the last one (in Northwood) I expected the quest would be completed but it is still active in my journal, I asked about each of the patron cities to confirm all show that I have spoken with a caretaker, I have also exited the game and tried again later in Jaanaford which still has not completed/cleared the quest.
    Steps to Reproduce: unknown
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 4600H with Radeon Graphics (12) System RAM: 7545
    GPU: AMD Radeon(TM) RX 5600M Series GPU RAM: 6099
    SotA.Win.64.1384.Date.05.10.21
    Area: Novia_R6_City_Jaanaford
    Area Display Name: Jaanaford
    Loc: (59.8, 34.8, -29.4)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjZfQ2l0eV9KYWFuYWZvcmR8fCg1OS44MzQsIDM0Ljg0MSwgLTI5LjQ1KXwoMCwgMC45OTksIDAsIDAuMDM0KXwxNzcuMzA4MXwxMi45ODEzN3wyLjEwNjY2

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Vaentorian, try "banner of spirituality". i THINK the hint to do that is in their bark. it may not be in conversation.

also, if it's working for some caretakers but not others, please report their names/locations.

Vaentorian and Anpu like this.
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yeah just finally speaking to all of them, you have to manually (?) type banner or banner of spirituality. Something like that. What I think doesn’t happen is a new keyword is displayed when you speak to the last caretaker? That probably should happen? But I would need to check to confirm that.

I will go through this quest with a new character to confirm how this quest does get resolved.

Vaentorian likes this.
  4. Vaentorian

Thanks - I've been through this quest before but didn't remember needing to ask about the banner, and there's no hint in the quest log. Will try again next time I'm in one of those towns!

Anpu likes this.
  5. Vaentorian

Confirmed "banner of spirituality" (but not "banner") ended the quest.

I'm guessing the hint from the caretaker is only given immediately after asking about the last virtue, or is triggered randomly, since when I spoke to the caretaker just now her opening line was "friend" and she said nothing else until prompted. Pretty easy to get confused about this, but it appears to be working as designed so not a bug.

Anpu likes this.
  6. Alley Oop

there might be room for improvement. we'll see what @Sannio thinks

7. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report and extra feedback everyone! The quest should conclude without having to say "banner" at the end [EDIT --> ] but I see that it currently doesn't. I'll dig into this and put in a fix. Issue #69098

Last edited: May 24, 2021
    Vaentorian and Anpu like this.
  8. Chakotay2

Chakotay2 Avatar

I have found the issue to be reproducible. I attempted to run through the quest twice at the moment with no change in results.

I accidentally received the devotional shrines quest when I turned in another quest (no big deal in itself). So, I decided to spend time completing the quest to clear it from my quest journal. I followed the steps in visiting the 11 cities with shrines and experienced the quest not clearing etc in a typical fashion.

There is no "blocker" that I am aware of at the moment.

Simply following the quest line leads to reproducing the issue.

16GB Ram. 2.5GHZ. Windows 11.

9. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

Back when I did this quest (quite a while ago) it also did not clear on its own. If that is still the case something needs adjusting, but as a work around to clear your journal try going to one of the caretakers and saying 'Banner of Spirituality' . That is what completed the quest for me.

10. Alley Oop

Fix Needs Testing as of 1386

11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

This has been seen fixed and updated with build 1388. Upon speaking with the last caretaker and clicking on the virtue associated with that caretaker, the quest completes. All blue markers were showing and cleared correctly. Thank you!

Complete steps used to verify:
    Started quest with Yen, in Ardoris by clicking love keyword. Speak to Koen click honesty keyword. Speak to Caden click honor keyword. Speak to Yasir click humility keyword. Speak to Merci click compassion keyword. Speak to Knight-Captain Baldwin click Bell of Courage and courage keywords. Speak to Euridice click justice keyword. Speak to Thomas click truth keyword. Speak to Ardal click valor keyword. Speak to Kaci click job and spirituality keywords. Speak to Natara click sacrifice keyword.
    [8:22 AM] You gained 15000 experience needed for skill development!
    [8:22 AM] You received an item (Banner of Spirituality) from Natara.

05/30/2021 08:26
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1388.Date.05.27.21
    Area: Novia_R9_City_Northwood
    Area Display Name: Northwood
    Loc: (58.3, 37.4, -164.5)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjlfQ2l0eV9Ob3J0aHdvb2R8fCg1OC4zMjcsIDM3LjQ0NiwgLTE2NC40NjIpfCgwLCAwLjg0NywgMCwgMC41MzIpfDUxMy45MDN8MjIuMjQ3NDF8MTcuOTk5OTM=

Sannio and Alley Oop like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.