1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed 69752] outlaws' run - milosh keywords

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Alley Oop, Oct 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

10/04/2021 07:53
    Title: outlaws' run - milosh keywords
    Reproduction Rate: 1/1
    Blocker? no
    Details: the first time i talked to milosh, before i'd asked him anything, he had a keyword for miloslava. so i clicked it. this brought up a quest choice, but he closed the conversation before i could read it and pick. i talked to him again, chose milosalava, got the choice and he actually kept it up this time, so i could read and pick. having done that, i had a chance to go through his other keywords, and now i have a task to mention miloslava to him, which i've already done, and which doing again doesn't clear. it doesn't clear after talking to miloslava either. it DID clear on leaving the scene.

Boorish Outlaw: Hail, stranger.

Alley Oop: Miloslava
    Boorish Outlaw: Like all of the Port Harmony militia, my sister's blind to the plight of those being oppressed by their own government. All pleas to the ministries have been rebuffed and the only remaining recourse is violence by us so-called "outlaws."

Boorish Outlaw: I don't need Miloslava's protection. She'll think of me as her weak little brother until the day I die. Actually... yes, just tell her I died. It's the only way she'll leave me alone.

Alley Oop: Goodbye.
    Boorish Outlaw: Watch your back, stranger.

next conversation:

Boorish Outlaw: Hail, stranger.

Boorish Outlaw: Like all of the Port Harmony militia, my sister's blind to the plight of those being oppressed by their own government. All pleas to the ministries have been rebuffed and the only remaining recourse is violence by us so-called "outlaws."

Boorish Outlaw: I don't need Miloslava's protection. She'll think of me as her weak little brother until the day I die. Actually... yes, just tell her I died. It's the only way she'll leave me alone.

Alley Oop: I'm not lying for you.
    Boorish Outlaw: Ah, I see... You're unsympathetic to the plight of the victims who suffer daily under crushing thumb of the oppressive ministries of Port Harmony. But you CAN change! Defy authority, like me! If you want to help, start by telling Miloslava I died so I can remain free to support the resistance.

I need to tell Miloslava about Milosh.

Alley Oop: Port Harmony
    Boorish Outlaw: Most of us were exiled from Port Harmony by the corrupt authorities that run the town.

Alley Oop: help
    Boorish Outlaw: I don't need help from an outlander.

Alley Oop: name
    Boorish Outlaw: I don't care to share my name with you.

Alley Oop: Are you Milosh?
    Milosh: Why do you ask? Tch. I bet my sister sent you. Her name's Miloslava.

I should mention Miloslava to Milosh.

Alley Oop: job
    Milosh: I may be a freedom fighter, but someone's got to tend to the graves of the fallen.

Alley Oop: Goodbye
    Milosh: Watch your back, stranger.

Milosh: Hail, stranger.

Milosh: I'll never understand how my sister can't see the threats posed by the government or how they oppress the good people of Port Harmony. The way of the outlaws is the only legitimate ones that remain. It's probably best that Miloslava thinks I'm dead.

Alley Oop: Goodbye
    Milosh: Watch your back, stranger.

Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00GHz (4) System RAM: 23993
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER/PCIe/SSE2 GPU RAM: 6144
    SotA.Linux.64.1454.Date.10.01.21
    Area: Mistrendur_R2_TheOutlawsRun
    Area Display Name: The Outlaws' Run
    Loc: (-22.1, 43.7, 137.1)
    Debug: TWlzdHJlbmR1cl9SMl9UaGVPdXRsYXdzUnVufHwoLTIyLjA2OSwgNDMuNjU5LCAxMzcuMDYpfCgwLCAtMC45NjMsIDAsIC0wLjI3MSl8LTE5Ny40NzE1fDM0LjMxNDg1fDIuNjk=

2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report! Issue #69752

3. Alley Oop

fix needs testing as of 1458

4. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

" the first time i talked to milosh, before i'd asked him anything, he had a keyword for miloslava. so i clicked it. this brought up a quest choice, but he closed the conversation before i could read it "

I entered into conversation with Milosh. I clicked the "Milsoslava" keyword. The conversation window stayed open for about a minute, then closed. Presumably it was on a timer. I completed all quest entries I got for both characters. Screen shots below.

I can't act on the last Journal Entry. That is possibly another thread.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alley Oop likes this.
  5. Alley Oop

k, accepting this as fixing the two issues i'd mentioned

it seems like there could be a final journal entry when you report back to miloslava? but that'd be just another way of documenting what happened, it's not actually broken as is. @Sannio

6. Sannio

There's no timer anywhere in Milosh's "Miloslava" responses.

What do you consider the "last Journal Entry"? Do you mean the one in your last screenshot, starting with "I found Milosh. He was hidden..."?

7. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Yes. I found him, then went to her and told her about him-- that he joined the outlaws, then went back to him (because of the journal entry) and nothing. I think I talked to her again (because she was at the exit I was teleported to). Then I went to the original quest giver guard to close the loop, because there was nothing I could do. Unless I missed something or made a wrong choice to allow continuation.

8. Sannio

@Traveller13 , I logged in with your character from the screenshots to research your quest issues, but saw you no longer have the tasks related to Miloslava and Milosh. I'm assuming you were able to solve the issue.

9. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

@Sannio I read the last journal entry as a possibility to get Milosh away from the outlaws' camp. I've no such option when I go back to him. Unless, I'm missing something. However, if I've cleared all the quest flags, then I guess I'm done with those two characters for now.

You didn't happen to leave my character with billion or more XPs than you found it with, did you? :)

10. Sannio

Milosh...

...will never leave the camp. After you tell his sister his response, that ends their quest.

Hah! No, sorry. I only left your character where I found them, and only with the things they had on them. :)

Anpu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.