1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed 70155] Journal and task Enter Skrekk isn't very clear

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Anpu, Jan 28, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

01/28/2022 08:32
    Title: Journal and task Enter Skrekk isn't very clear
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details: When we receive the quest Enter Skrekk, the task name and journal entry has:

Task Name: Enter Skrekk
    Mouse hover over information: The writ of passage should ensure the kobolds do not attack.

Lord Demig bade me take the curious baton Chamberlain Essen entrusted me with to Korabar, the King of the Kobolds, in the depths of their city of Skrekk. He also gave me a note which might grant passage to the kobold city, but was unsure as to how effective it would be. Lord Demig emphasized to show the baton to Korabar only, though he did not say why.

(Note that Korabar will only see you if you come to Skrekk alone.)

The player needs to actually enter the scene Caverns of Skrekk. The player can go to the scene Skrekk and fight/run their way to the door that enters to the Caverns of Skrekk.

Some suggestions to make this more clearer:

Task Name: Enter the Caverns of Skrekk
    Mouse hover over information: I can make my way to the Caverns of Skrekk, by travelling through Skrekk. Once I arrive in the Caverns of Skrekk, the writ of passage should ensure the kobolds do not attack.

Lord Demig bade me take the curious baton Chamberlain Essen entrusted me with to Korabar, the King of the Kobolds, in the depths of their underground city of the Caverns of Skrekk. I can make my way through the land of Skrekk, and should be able to find an entrance to the underground city. Once I arrive at the Caverns of Skrekk. Lord Demig gave me a note which might grant safe passage throughout the kobold city, but was unsure as to how effective it would be. Lord Demig emphasized to show the baton to Korabar only, though he did not say why.

(Note that Korabar will only see you if you come to the Caverns of Skrekk alone.)

Also, I think there’s a bit of confusion as to what Skrekk IS. Skrekk refers to the capital of the Kobolds. It used to be located in the scene named Skrekk. But the Kobolds moved the capital of Skrekk to the Caverns of Skrekk, and that is now the current capital of Skrekk.

Steps to Reproduce: Obtain the Enter Skrekk task and journal entry. Observe the task name and mouse hover over information and the journal entry.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1505.Date.01.26.22
    Area: Novia
    Area Display Name: Novia
    Loc: (-430.5, 20.2, 392.4)
    Debug: Tm92aWF8fCgtNDMwLjUsIDIwLjE2NywgMzkyLjM5Nil8KDAsIDAuMDg1LCAwLCAwLjk5Nil8OS41MjkzMDh8MzIuMjA4MTV8NDA=

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
  2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report! Issue #70155

Anpu likes this.
  3. Justyn

Justyn Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Fix Needs Testing: 1512

4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Seen fixed in build 1512. Thank you!
    [​IMG]
    03/06/2022 22:13
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1512.Date.02.28.22
    Area: Novia_R10_Plains_DemigsBattleCamp/Default
    Area Display Name: Demig's Battle Camp
    Loc: (0.3, 35.8, 3.3)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjEwX1BsYWluc19EZW1pZ3NCYXR0bGVDYW1wfERlZmF1bHR8KDAuMzQ5LCAzNS44MzgsIDMuMzEpfCgwLCAtMSwgMCwgLTAuMDE1KXwtMTgxLjUyNzN8NDEuMTQwMjJ8MTcuOTk5OTg=

Sannio likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.