1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed 71679] Commemorative Silver coin turn in giving wrong thing

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Gwendolyn Obscuro, Aug 31, 2023.

1. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

08/31/2023 10:46
    Title: weirdness when placing courage club coins
    Reproduction Rate: twice now
    Blocker? no

Details:
    I will test more to see if I can figure out exactly what is triggering the behavior but twice now when I have placed a set of the new courage club coins as deco one of the silver coins left in my inventory have changed to a gold coin. When I then tried placing that coin as deco it disappeared. When I relogged I have the correct number of coins in my inventory overall but I still have one more gold coin than I should have and one less silver coin than I should have. Also when I am given the coins they show up in my inventory not stacked but when I reloaded the two gold coins were stacked but a gold coin I had placed and I picked up wouldn't stack with those two. I placed all three gold coins and tried to pick then up and see if they would now stack in my inventory but the third one wouldn't let me grab it, Once I pulled it out of the deco palette it now stacks with the other two gold coins. I will get some more coins and test some more to see if I can figure out what is happening but you might want to see if any of the flags look wrong on the coins.

Steps to Reproduce: have multiple of each coin in your inventory. place one of each as deco and see if any of the coins in your inventory change

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8) System RAM: 16252
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GPU RAM: 4061
    SotA.Win.64.1671.Date.08.30.23
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01b_template/Bastion's Point
    Area Display Name: Bastion's Point
    Loc: (59.4, 38.0, 278.9)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYl90ZW1wbGF0ZXxCYXN0aW9uJ3MgUG9pbnR8KDU5LjQzNiwgMzcuOTk3LCAyNzguOTAyKXwoMCwgLTAuNzY4LCAwLCAwLjY0KXwyNTUuNjAxMXw1OC41NDc3NXwxLjI1

2. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

Well I just went to get more coins and noticed that he gave me two gold coins instead of a gold and a silver. So maybe that is what happened initially and I didn't notice having the wrong number/color of coins until I tried placing them? I will check more later. But my chat logs say he is giving me a silver coin for the silver quest coin turn in even though he gave me a gold coin.

edit: I went back with no coins in my inventory and was given a gold coin instead of a silver one. My chat logs say I got a silver coin but the dialog actually said I got gold. Maybe it is certain referees that are giving out the wrong coin?

[​IMG]

At this point I am assuming that placing the coins has nothing to do with this and its just what I was doing when I noticed I had the wrong coins (but I could have sworn they showed correctly at first)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2023
  3. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

08/31/2023 13:34
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor (12) System RAM: 16316
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB GPU RAM: 2978
    SotA.Win.64.1671.Date.08.30.23
    Area: UndergroundEncounter_BasementDungeon01
    Area Display Name: Courage Club
    Loc: (0.3, 5.0, 12.4)
    Debug: VW5kZXJncm91bmRFbmNvdW50ZXJfQmFzZW1lbnREdW5nZW9uMDF8fCgwLjI2MSwgNSwgMTIuNDE3KXwoMCwgMC4wNDcsIDAsIDAuOTk5KXwtMTMuMTQwNTl8MjAuNjc4NjF8MS4zNjc2OTM=
    Turn in the coins to try and get the Silver comm coin . Takes the silver coins but giving me a gold comm coin. Now i have 4 gold comm coins. Two from turn in for gold and two from turn in on silver.

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

this is odd: i did that turn-in this morning on live too, and got the right output.

5. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the reports and update! I'll take a look. Issue #71679

6. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

I found the problem. The referee that appears is random. Sometimes they're male, sometimes female. The female has the correct reward, but the male has the incorrect reward for the Commemorative Courage Club Silver Coins. I've already submitted a fix that will be in with an upcoming update.

Coswald_Dirthmire and Alley Oop like this.