Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed] Bounty Hunter NPC dialog breaks UI

Discussion in '***PTE (QA) Bug Archive (After R75)***' started by Echondas, May 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

05/25/2020 17:45
    Title: Bounty Hunter NPC dialog broken
    Reproduction Rate: 1/1
    Blocker? Yes
    Details: Talked to the bounty hunter here and the dialog bar kept flashing and flickering and I couldn't do anything - I eventually hit ESC and now the UI is broken -- I can't see my hotbars and WSAD are broken. I tried using /stuck - but the game says that command cannot be using during conversation.
    Steps to Reproduce: Talk to bounty hunter NPC in Troll Encounter.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6800K CPU @ 3.40GHz (12) System RAM: 32679
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8088
    SotA.QA.Win.64.1016.Date.05.23.20
    Area: RandomEncounter_Alpine01_Road/Troll
    Area Display Name: Snowy Mountains Road Encounter
    Loc: (-32.0, 78.5, 0.3)
    Debug: UmFuZG9tRW5jb3VudGVyX0FscGluZTAxX1JvYWR8VHJvbGx8KC0zMi4wMTQsIDc4LjUzNiwgMC4yOCl8KDAsIDAuNjQ1LCAwLCAtMC43NjQpfDQ0My4wMjI0fDE0Ljc4MzE4fDEwLjExNzM=

[​IMG]

Rinaldi likes this.
  2. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

I had the same issue. I described everything i observed in case the extra info is helpful

It occurred with Barbarian Encounter in Mistrendor. I killed all the barbarians, and then the altuist pilgrim appeared.
    I clicked on the atruist and the dialogue box popped up, but I did not click any response or type any response.
    The altuist ran off (as if i never tried to talk to him), and then i press "esc" to close the dialogue box.
    At that point, i was unable to move, the combat and utility bar had disappeared, and the switch-deck icon in the lower right hand corner was greyed out. I was able to use keyboard short cuts (such as "F" to open social window), but movement keys did nothing and the jump key did nothing ( i was stuck). The swap-deck hot key caused the swap-deck avatar animation, but the combat/utility bar did not appear, and the decks never changed since my clothes and armor remained unchanged.
    I typed /stuck, and completed all the dialogue, but when i clicked okay, i did not get teleported to where i started the scene (i.e. it did not un-stuck me).
    I could pan the camera with the mouse.

In order to "get out" of the situation, i had to quit SOTA. Reloading SOTA got me unstuck.

This time I went to the altuist and he stood still long enough for me to talk to him. I clicked one response and then the text in the dialogue box kept scrolling as if i was clicking "goodbye" continuously. Pressing the "esc" key only temporarily closed the dialogue window (for maybe 1 second), then it pops up again and scrolls text as if i we still clicking
    "goodbye" continuously. I think i was immobilized again, but it was hard to tell since the dialogue did not close long enough to be sure the keys were registered as movement rather than typing in the dialogue box. I had to relog again to get out of this endless loop.

05/26/2020 09:26
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 32708
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8088
    SotA.QA.Win.64.1016.Date.05.23.20
    Area: RandomEncounter_Plains02/Barbarian_Mistrendur
    Area Display Name: Plains Encounter
    Loc: (-23.6, 32.7, -33.5)
    Debug: UmFuZG9tRW5jb3VudGVyX1BsYWluczAyfEJhcmJhcmlhbl9NaXN0cmVuZHVyfCgtMjMuNjQsIDMyLjY1MywgLTMzLjUwNCl8KDAsIDAuOTU3LCAwLCAtMC4yOTEpfC03NDAuMTcyN3wyMy45MDAyM3wxOA==

Last edited: May 26, 2020
    Echondas likes this.
  3. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Update: it looks likes this is an issue with all NPC dialogue interactions.
    I just tried to talk to a multiple NPCs in Aerie...and same issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.