1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed] can't talk to npcs for new coffin turn in quest

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Gwendolyn Obscuro, Mar 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

03/25/2021 13:21
    Title: can't talk to npcs for new coffin turn in quest
    Reproduction Rate: tried, reloaded then tried again
    Blocker? just for the quest

Details: None of the adult npcs in the mortuary in Spite will open a conversation with me. Not sure which one I'm supposed to give the coffin to but only the child will talk to me.

Steps to Reproduce: Go to Spite and find the mortuary. Try to talk to the administrator, the councilor, the embalmer, the groundskeeper and the custodian. No chat windows open they just bark something about guess you'll be leaving soon.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8) System RAM: 16252
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GPU RAM: 4061
    SotA.Win.64.1364.Date.03.25.21
    Area: Novia_R5_City_Spite
    Area Display Name: Spite
    Loc: (60.6, 38.3, 127.5)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjVfQ2l0eV9TcGl0ZXx8KDYwLjYyOCwgMzguMjg2LCAxMjcuNDk2KXwoMCwgLTAuMDk3LCAwLCAwLjk5NSl8NzA5LjY5MDZ8MzkuNDQ3MzZ8MS4yNzY4MTQ=

2. tolgator

tolgator Avatar

I have the same issue. No dialogue window opening when trying to turn in the burial coffin with Shimzu (Mortuary Administrator)

Additional Info (and maybe a seperate issue):
    First I did the new daily in Necropolis Barrens. When I turned in the Dead Body with Davropos (Death Magic Trainer), a new quest popped up that told me to bring another coffin to Shimzu. But I never did the coffin quest in the first place, even though the journal text says I already gave one to Shimzu. Something got mixed up between these 2 quests. I am guessing the quest was copy/pasted and something was overlooked while editing the quest logic?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

verified. most of the npcs in/around the mortuary are the sort that close off all conversation options once you have passed a certain quest point, in this case freeing sequanna. @Elgarion confirmed for me it's supposed to be on shimzu the mortuary administrator after having completed the tanglemire wildflower quest.

Anpu likes this.
  4. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

This is partly correct.

This new quest has prerequisites. You can pick up this new quest from Shimzu if you completed the Tanglemire wildflower quest OR you already have at least one "burial coffin" in your inventory.

Anpu likes this.
  5. Alley Oop

but i can't, because i have finished the love quest line and he won't talk to me. he says

"Mortuary Administrator: Well, guess you'll be leaving soon. Dead are still going to need passage, even if they're calmer now. Thanks for that, I s'pose."

and closes the conversation, just like a lot of other npcs in spite in the mortuary and tavern

Anpu likes this.
  6. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

I'll remove that restriction and re-open his conversation for all players.

Margaritte, Anpu and Alley Oop like this.
  7. odyssey2003

odyssey2003 Avatar

I have had the same issue of having this quest being in my task as complete and should repeat but don't remember ever bringing a coffin to shimzu in the first place..

8. Alley Oop

seen fixed in 1372. he'll talk to me now, the quest worked correctly, and gave the reward.

Anpu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.