Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed] Healing Touch sound stops

Discussion in 'Release 37 Bug Forum' started by Hermetic, Dec 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermetic

Hermetic Avatar

In the Elysium mines the combat sounds are crackly and glitchy and a little too loud. After a battle with the skeletons here: Area: Elysium Mines (Novia_R11_Hills01_ElysiumMines) Loc: (8.5, -9.9, 94.0)
    the Healing Touch skill stops making any sound when used.

Another time it was after fighting the Kobolds in the first area before there that the healing sound cut-out.

Sometimes it comes back when leaving the mine and sometimes I have to re-start the game to get it to come back. Been going in and out of the mine testing it and during this session so far the sound usually starts playing properly when entering a new scene, and cuts out again when I re-enter the mine and fight the Kobolds or those skellies.

2. Hermetic

Hermetic Avatar

Sometime the combat sounds are normal, and the healing sound doesn't cut-out ( usually when fighting the Kobolds ).
    It is when some of the combat sounds get loud with distortion that the healing sound no longer works (if it doesn't happen with the Kobolds it seems to always happen with the skellies at that location mentioned above).

/edit: So it seems not localized to that mine as I had it happen fighting thugs in the Twin Foothills as well.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  3. Hermetic

Hermetic Avatar

More: When this happens (which is always, after the first or second combat encounter in every scene I enter) the Light and Enlightenment spells become silent as well.
    And as to the glitchy combat sounds which precedes the loss of sound for these skills probably the most prevalent feature is a loud audio 'popping'. If I was a sound tech I
    might be able to describe it better.

4. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I am noticing intermittent sounds, as well, for Healing Touch, Light, Flame Fist, and Ignite Weapon. I hear some popping noises, as if the start of a WAV file, or whatever, is played, but the rest isn't.

12/17/2016 11:04 PM
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32689
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8144
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.522.Date.12.16.16
    Area: swamp01
    Area Display Name: Mysterious Swamp
    Loc: (-40.1, 18.7, -60.8)

5. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Yeah the sound effects for Healing Touch and Healing Ray are off and on. The light effects also seems to linger after the spell is cast.

I am usually in Serpent's Spine or Twins Foothills.

6. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Have you reproduced this issue since the latest patch, 536?

Thank you for reporting.

7. Hermetic

Hermetic Avatar

No, I think the spells/skills I mentioned are all making sounds now.

Inner Strength doesn't make any sound at any time, but did it ever? I can't remember.

And the issue with mobs having wrong sounds at times during combat still exists.
    e.g. fighting elves or skellies etc. and having them make wolf and bear sounds when damaged.

8. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Yeah the sound effects for the healing spells seems to be working now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.