Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed][Live 835] Meteor Shower is nerfed to oblivion for pve

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Brass Knuckles, Sep 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Im hoping this is a bug the damage even on a no resistance practice dummy is very bad. There was a way bigger change than just the pvp change. Vrs a practice dummy side by side qa vrs live im seeing a 70% reduction in damage.

My rof 5 stack no spec 92 attument no fire gear out dpses my fully geared out spec moon mage with 217 attunment 6 stack. Also a 6 stack description says 62-455 90% of my hits are below 100 with a large majority ticking for 65-70 (excliding crits).

And many were at the minimum 62 there is a math problem or something diabolical going on here.

@Chris

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  2. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

same here, meteor show 17-126 base damage but always hit 20-30 normal and 40-50 crit (tryed on a horses encounters and kiled every horse, same dmg)

Brass Knuckles likes this.
  3. Fruck

Fruck Avatar

So it appears they took out the small and big meteors and combined it to 1. So instead of having 56-99 and 12-41 as before - I have 12-128. This obviously will randomize the damage more significantly with most my hits being in the 30s now.

Tila Tenderfoot likes this.
  4. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I believe chris also said the big hits were not being calculated in correctly. @Chris?

He said this should be in for live release 58

5. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

Chris says he's made more adjustments to meteor shower. As of Build 749 it will work perfectly! (First live build if we don't get another QA patch today.)

6. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

for those of us without the crystal ball pipeline to Chris's desk, what kind of adjustment were made and we should be on the lookout for? (Especially since none of these adjustments were part of the Release Instructions.)

7. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

I read it was a fix for it hitting 4x in pvp, not meant to be any nerf to it according to the notes, hopefully the nerf was just some over zealous fixing :)

8. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

From the bloodbay channel.. chris said he had to rebuild the skill and none of the larger ticks were bring applied. He also says hes getting the same damage now as we are currently seeing in live for pve.

9. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Thanks for that info.

I guess he bugged it when he rewrote it. I guess the bigger ticks are back in and the damage is the same.

10. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

As I understand it....

Edit: after lots of testing I say its almost the same, might be slighty weaker because of the 10 min but it feels close enough in damage overall.

11. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

I did a bunch of testing and kept tweaking this until it matched the same DPS over the average of 10 casts. YMMV though based on skill levels etc but I think it is very close now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.