1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed] vendor town list

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by CICI, Sep 4, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CICI

CICI Avatar

vendor town list not working right. My vendors are not even in crafters town atm but it shows all my listing there and newly listed items (it's been a few days and nothing is showing up on vendor town list in the other town where my vendors are place)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 4, 2022
  2. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

Did you move your lots/vendors using the properly manager?

3. CICI

CICI Avatar

1st time I move dont use the properly manager but 2nd time did pay 100 cotos

also pick up the vendors and replace them on the lot

4. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

It take sometime before the vendor show up in the list, either 8 12 or 24 hours can't remember exactly.
    I saw your quit message about a similar problem in ardoris, did you just moved your vendor there or they have been there since a while and still not showing in the list?

5. CICI

CICI Avatar

I try a few towns for more than 24 hrs other players having the same problem it's just when you pick up your vendor and put it back down as of r105 before that never had a problem

6. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

Having the same problem!

It happens when you pick up the vendor, place in inventory, go to another town, place vendor from your inventory in new town. Exclude/include option on vendor makes no difference, even after waiting a few days.

This is a recent problem, since R105, as I move vendors all the time.

CICI likes this.
  7. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

Could this get a high priority? I have 22 vendors which I switch around multiple towns and now no one can see my items on the town vendor list!

CICI and that_shawn_guy like this.
  8. DavidDC

Checking what is going on with this

Fiero Steele and Anpu like this.
  9. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

Something strange to report on this, my first vendor that I moved a week ago from Crossroad Alleys to Dark Bayou is now seen in the Vendor town list.
    Others that I have moved in the last 3 days are still not showing in the list.

DavidDC likes this.
  10. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

yesterday afternoon I switched my other vendors to exclude, then 5 minutes to include. Today, 24 hours later those vendors are now displaying their goods again on the vendor zone list.

Also placed a extra vendor in Dark Bayou yesterday and in about 8 hours it will be 24 hours since placing. Did not use the exclude/include option on this vendor. Will check in 8 hours if this vendors items becomes visible in the zone list.

Alley Oop likes this.
  11. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

another update, the extra vendor is now visible in the vendor zone list.

Changed a name of a vendor that was visible in vendor zone list yesterday and now its NOT visible in the list! will check if after 24 hours if it is visible.

Alley Oop likes this.
  12. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

So to sum up my vendor situation,

1. Moving vendor from one town to another - 1 to 7 days before appearing on vendor zone list
    2. Changing name on a vendor - 1 to 3 days before appearing on vendor zone list

Leaving zone and entering zone did not make a difference.
    Exiting game and starting game did not make a difference.

13. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

Another update, this time more sad news.

5 vendors that were visible in Dark Bayou's vendor list yesterday are now no longer visible!

I changed nothing, did not add items to those vendors and did not change name of the vendors!

This is so frustrating, why o why is this happening? Moved vendors all the time and never had problems and now since the last release this is no longer working as it should.

Sorry Dev's, but I have to rant now and then.

14. DavidDC

Still actively investigating. It's been a blocker for us too because we don't want this bug to happen while migrating to 2021. We are probably going to restart the server next week to update some stuff while trying to fix this.
    And thanks for all your report it has been of great help btw!

15. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

16. CICI

CICI Avatar

Anpu likes this.
  17. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

okay, chris thinks he worked around the problem, but the problem DOES still exist, so i'm not closing this out quite yet.

Anpu likes this.
  18. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

not all my vendors are showing on the zone vendor listing, so changed the vendor names on those not showing and will see if they pop up tomorrow

and moving a vendor from Crossroad Alleys to Dark Bayou has the same problem, not showing on list, will also check after 24 hours.

15 hours later still no change, will check again in 9 hours.

just noticed that vendors I had updated with new prices and items that those new prices and items are also not shown on the zone vendor listing!

getting stranger and stranger! server caching? client caching problems? logging out and in did not help. Leaving town and enter also did not help.

another observation, look's like CiCi's is working correctly, all vendors shown on list with updated items and prices.

Have I told you yet that this is driving me crazy? ;) Every time I think it's my med's or my degrading vision due to old age.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
    Anpu likes this.
  19. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

update: after 24 hours now seeing my changed name vendors, and on existing vendors the items added and items price changed.

But..... the vendor that moved from Crossroad Alleys to Dark Bayou I still don't see on the list, will check the next few hours.

Anpu likes this.
  20. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

Found out why it's not working for me........

Drum roll..........

It's my Kobold midnight time machine!

removed it and all vendors are shown on list and if you add items or change prices they are also shown straight away on the list!

darn, I love that midnight time machine!

Anpu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.