1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Flashes of the spell "Solis"

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Isabel Ayin, Sep 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

Could you come up with something for the flashes of the "Solis" spell, please?
    I spend a lot of time decorating and with the flashes I end up having a headache.
    I know that with the /visible command the light bulb disappears and the lighting stays on, but if I don't see my character I climb on top of the furniture, I bump into the walls and I can't get out of the doors.
    Maybe something in the options menu so I can hide the sparkles?
    You probably won't implement something for one person, are there more people who are bothered by the flashes?

[​IMG]

FrostII likes this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i haven't seen anyone mention that being a problem before that i can recall. you can use other sources of light than that spell, though. pledge gear with lights, gear with sunlight or moonlight enchantments (which use the same light as the pledge gear), a wooden torch or the torch of jerik, directed lightsources like darklamps or miners' helmets, placing a lamp as deco first, night vision...

FrostII, Anpu and Isabel Ayin like this.
  3. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

Pledge gear with lights, gear with sunlight or moonlight enchantments? Gear is gear or equipment? Excuse me, my translator translates it as equipment, if so, I don't know that equipment, what is it? And if it is gear, what gears, please?

FrostII likes this.
  4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

ah, gear has more than one meaning in english. in this case, it DOES mean equipment. you can enchant chest armor with sunlight or moonlight if they are socketed with the right gem.

FrostII and Isabel Ayin like this.
  5. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Isabel Ayin Have you tried using First Person mode? (v)

Isabel Ayin and Alley Oop like this.
  6. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

If you mean the spell effect itself (the light bubble on top of your head) this could actually be disabled by creating a lua script that stop the effect from playing.

Isabel Ayin, Anpu and Echondas like this.
  7. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

I did not know those gems, they are an interesting item for decoration tasks.
    I use the night vision spell at night while decorating exteriors but indoors I don't like to see everything green, and I also use the first person perspective when I have to place small objects or align some things.
    What @DavidDC says is exactly what I mean but I've never written or run any scripts, I'll check the LUA threads to see if I can find any.
    Thank you all very much for the replies :)

8. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

greetings :) i will whip something up over my lunch period (here in about an hour) if no one beats me to it. i will post it in the lua section and reference you so you are alerted.

Vaentorian, FrostII and Isabel Ayin like this.
  9. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

Thank you very much! Years ago I started studying programming but I didn't understand anything and I stayed as a designer :confused:
    Thank you very much for making a script for this :):)

FrostII likes this.
  10. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

well it was worth a shot. unfortunately the FX that shows the light ball above your head (which i think is the source of your flashes) is also the FX that has the light actually attached to it. if i disable the light ball the light provided also goes away :(

it think your next best bet is some of the alternate sources of light to see if one will work. i would recommend an Ankh of Wala or a Vexlyn's Spark (check mail ;) ).

11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I sent you a shirt with the Sun Light enchant. See if that will work for you.

Isabel Ayin, FrostII and Barugon like this.
  12. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Ahhh wonderful, more workarounds!

13. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

C'mon man !
    Ease-up... everybody in this thread is offering suggestions and/or trying to help.
    Peace, brother :)

Isabel Ayin likes this.
  14. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

Thanks @Tirrag and @Anpu , together you have solved the problem for me. And now I'm an enlightened one!

DavidDC, Vaentorian, FrostII and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.