Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Focus - there needs to be more ways to regen focus (skill or ITEM :-) ). . . .

Discussion in 'Release 44 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Weins201, Jul 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Again I am screwing around with a "young" char.

I go out fight and after 3 fights my measly 280 focus is Gone, and I am in a Tier two area so my progression has been pitifully slowed.

Also since I have low level skills they are all locked (no sense in unlocked since I would get swarmed with Slugs) so with the Heat system I burn it up faster.

As a new char I do not have access to all these crazy suits, buffs, potions .

All that needs to be implemented is a focus regen skill, NOT restricted to Death tree, something in the focus tree, and this has HUGE diminished returns, basically the higher your focus the less affective the skill gets, BUT still worth while.

Something a "young" player can train / use and make it viable.

Perhaps an item in a new player quest area that is a belt that give focus regen with diminishing returns as focus goes up ???????

Would not take a armor slot but work perfectly for this idea?????

Chatele likes this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I use the honor devotional and food. You can also use focus potions.

discipleofweb likes this.
  3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I guess that part was missed - - - I know how to use everything but as a "young" player, one I will not know about it, and two unless I know I still have to locate them and potions, could not afford them.

But Ty for pointing out the obvious

Chatele likes this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The devotional is a totally free buff (and the largest). New avatars start off with focus potions and the focus potion recipe. New avatars are also not supposed to be kick-ass out of the box and anything you do to aid them in this regard will also greatly benefit more advanced players.

5. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

You can also stack food such as two hour and four hour durations.

6. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Not a regen but the Focus Tree offers Inner Calm which decreases the focus cost of glyphs.

There are plenty of foods and potions that can be found through harvesting or looting containers in scenes that are 'free' and are perfect for beginning characters. I was using them when I couldn't afford/craft the long duration foods. I'm stating the obvious here, but exiting War Mode will increase the regen rate for your Focus/Health. Along with the 'free' devotional buffs, there are more than enough options for a new player to regen Health/Focus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.