Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

font change is horrible

Discussion in 'Release 17 Feedback' started by Maerlin Rebeard, May 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maerlin Rebeard

Maerlin Rebeard Avatar

The graphics changes in R17 are simply amazing in general - there are lots of enhancements that were not even mentioned in the release notes. One change however that is horrible is the font used for on-scree names. Its horrible - it looks like its boldfaced instead of properly hinted.

Budner, Katrina Bekers and Gatsu. like this.
  2. Maerlin Rebeard

Maerlin Rebeard Avatar

More playtime tells me that in general the font change is not horrible - its only horrible when the camera zoom is up close near first person view. Inside a city when zoomed near conversation mode is where it looks bad. Otherwise, when zoomed out a bit (where i normally play it looks good)

3. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Hopefully they allow us to change font size/style and color by release...some people I play with have a hard time seeing certain colors and need a bigger font to read.

Budner and Mata like this.
  4. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

Slightly related: is there any reason we can't have more than one line of text above characters' heads when they say things in quick succession?

This was a really cute feature in UO for people who talked a bit too quickly, like if they were panicking or angry! Nostalgiaaaaa

Lord Baldrith likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.