For consideration: Double city lot for Dukes?

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Kenryuu, Apr 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

Actually you expressed a few opinions and obviously didn't read anything I have said. Which is exemplified by the fact you took what I wrote and the only thing you got from it was the word twisted.

The fact that all the reasons they gave why they needed to expand the lots of LOTMs matches exactly for dukes, you call it childish. But it's a logical conclusion and requests equal treatment. That's just right, nothing childish about it.

and how do people value pledges? Well let's see. barons have sold out twice and are working on the third while dukes have not even sold out the 10 original pledges available. Why is that? Over 40 people have bought baron while dukes haven't sold 10 yet. Why is that? What do barons get that has quadruple the people interested?

Time Lord and jamco12 like this.
  2. Mogdurok

Mogdurok Avatar

I wrote a short post not dissecting and arguing every point on purpose to close this out. But if you insist that I reply to your observation of pledges, I can give you my take.

There are multiple reasons why people pay for certain pledges. The value of content being one of the reasons for sure (this is what you pointed out). However, as with most things in life, there are multiple explanations. Another big reason could be that the price point of Barons is more manageable by supporters based on income/amount of play money. These 2 reasons combined is most likely the answer to your question. The reason for more LotMs than Dukes is probably a completely different one, as LotM was ahead before the announcement of the castle plot. I think there are people out there that are well off enough and a big enough fan of this game to give 5K+ more money (depending on when they pledged). And before the castle was announced, it wasn't for THAT much more than what Dukes and Barons got. I am just glad that we have all these different tiers of supporters and continue to get new ones.

Btw, leading your post off with a somewhat offensive/presumptuous sentence isn't always productive. If I had less patience or had a more abrasive personality, we'd probably be side-tracked with back-and-forth flames and forget why we were talking in the first place. I get your complaints, I have my point of view and approach on things, but I think we've said what we need to say and then some.

At the end of the day, we are all supporting the same cause, and whether we are Dukes, LotMs, Knights, Citizens, etc, the game's success is all of our #1 goal right? Again, I hope you and the other Dukes get what you are looking for.

Now are you excited about release 5 or what?

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

Well you have to realize the LOTM was popular for a different reason. it's the only pledge level that has an item that has real world value. After I found out how much it was worth I almost went LOTM myself, but I couldn't line up a buyer and I didn't have that kind of money to gamble with. The addition of 4 lots put it well above, if they had done that sooner when the item was still available I probably would have gone LOTM.

Well calling folks childish isn't really a friendly thing either. Especially when they've taken so much time thoroughly explaining themselves.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Mogdurok

Mogdurok Avatar

Fair enough. btw -are you referring to the Akalabeth game? How much is that worth?

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

Yes. I could pay off my dukes pledge, at least at max.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Avatar Aiden

I vote for the double-wide.

"You're the Duke. You're A #1!"

[​IMG]

7. Sundews

Sundews Avatar

Yes, double do it!

8. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

Yeah, they could call it a Keep Lot and make a new lot type.. give it to the Duke's, I have no issue with it, paying $5,000 seems like they earned it.

Probably get more upgrades to duke that way too.

Ravenclaw, Eriador, Jatvardur and 2 others like this.
  9. Kenryuu

Kenryuu Avatar

Wowzie! Mentioned in the Epic Update of the Avatar!

Tis truly an honor. =3

10. Sundews

Sundews Avatar

And they used my suggestion to call the double-sized Duke lots as Keep lots. :)

Eligor, Lana Rhiane and Jatvardur like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.