"For Sale" system

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by oplek, Nov 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oplek

oplek Avatar

If Portalarium gets bored, here's something I'd like to see implemented.

- The ability to put your house lot up "for sale", complete with sign. This would have three modes.

1. You can sell the lot (the physical lot) for a specified price.

If someone accepts (and has the requisite property deed and money), your house/basement are sent to the property manager (putting the house up for sale would need to pre-allocate the space). The property deed would be placed into the local bank.

You get the money, and the person immediately takes the lot.

2. You can sell the lot + house deed

Basically the same as #1, except the items in the house, and the property deed are sent to the local bank.

3. You can sell the lot + house deed + property deed.

Everything but the decorations are transferred to the person, and decorations are sent to the local bank.

If #2 and #3 are too complex, I think #1 would be minimally what I'd like.

Budner, Elrond, Arc and 5 others like this.
  2. oplek

oplek Avatar

I like my own idea (obviously), but in particular, I'm trying to make use of existing mechanics as much as possible.

3. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

Seems like, to simplify the system, the "For Sale" sign should transfer the lot, property deed and anything that is currently placed on the lot. As the seller you are responsible for setting up exactly what it is you are selling. Nothing would be sent to the bank as you are selling the complete lot to whomever is buying.
    I don't see the reasoning in that you would get to keep anything on the property, let alone the actual deed to the property deed.

4. oplek

oplek Avatar

Because that's not the goal? The specific goal is to sell the space. If I wanted to sell the house and property deeds, I already have vendors I can do that.

That's why #2 and #3 are just extras.

5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

secure Lot Transfer is all that is not covered by systems already in place - this has been brought up before and is something they do need to look at.

But someone sniping a lot during a transfer seems far fetched it only has to happen once, So yes they need a way to safely transfer a Lot.

That is all that needs to be added everything else is already there.

6. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

Don't see a point to the system then. There shouldn't be multiple options with this. What you see is what you get as far as paying for it. You wouldn't go to buy a house in RL, then the person selling the house to you says you need to obtain the 'right' to do anything with the land YOU JUST PURCHASED. The property deed should be the base item included with the sale. Anything else you want to put on the land would also transfer, but that's up to you, the seller, to have anything there to begin with. o_O

7. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Your missing the point of the system. It is to sell the land. Forget real life, no need to complicate things.

The OP is just asking for a way to sell the actual lot. And right now there is no way to do that without the risk of someone else standing there (could be in spo and you can't even see them) and stealing it during the process.

This is more than just a wishlist, this is a needed feature and will definitely be implemented at some point down the road.

8. oplek

oplek Avatar

The point is - once again - to sell the space. Specifically that. Why is this difficult to understand? You don't have to agree to it, or want it. But that is the actual specific request.

That's the point. What you're purchasing would be what you're agreeing to.

Functionally, the house is more like trailer home, and I'm planning on moving off the lot, and somewhere else. What you are proposing is that the purchase is for the lot, trailer, plus all belongings inside the home, which doesn't make any sense... because key, "what you see is what you get", right?

You haven't made a case as to why it must work like that, and at this point is moot. The request I'm making is that it specifically doesn't have to work like that, so your position is little more than disagreeing, which is fine.

That's your opinion.

9. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

There shouldn't be multiple options with this... What you see is what you get... 'right' to do anything with the land YOU JUST PURCHASED... The property deed should be the base item included with the sale. Anything else you want to put on the land would also transfer...

If you put up a For Sale sign you are selling EVERYTHING. The lot, ESPECIALLY the land deed that goes with the lot, as well as anything you choose to have on the lot. You are selling either the land (which should come with the land deed itself, no question) and, if you so choose to place a house on the land for sale it and anything else that goes with the house should automatically be part of the deal.

I've made my point. This seems like too easy a ruse to some unsuspecting newer player to buy the land only to have nothing to place on it afterword, not knowing that 'buying the land' only meant moving your crap off of it.

10. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

That wouldn't solve the problem we currently have. There is no secure way to transfer a lot to another player currently. Your suggestion would not solve this problem because it would force the sale of the lot deed.

The OP's suggestion (1) would however solve that issue completely.

I get what you're saying about a new player being confused, but we still need a secure way to trade land. By the time a player earns enough to purchase land and a house I would assume they would do some research and figure out how the system works first.

There's really no reason to put the system in place if it forces you to sell everything on the lot. Waste of development time and it still wouldn't solve the real issue.

11. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

This system, if ever implemented, would hopefully be during a time that we can securely transfer land between players. Thus, what is the argument? If anything, I would think something like this could be worked on and implemented at the same time the "land transfer" issue is fixed.

Don't plan an alternative to a problem today, plan for a way to work with the solution.

Lord-Galiwyn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.