Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

forest 2 spawn locations

Discussion in 'Release 35 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Alley Oop, Oct 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

there are six possibilities, but three of them are within feet of each other.

• central bridge
    • docks
    • town crier
    these could probably be combined.

• town boundary 1 (north)
    • town boundary 2 (southeast)
    • town boundary 3 (south)
    nothing anywhere west?

given that we've built the town about equidistant between 1 and 2, the only reason to change the point is for variety.

2. Albus

Albus Avatar

**edit to add: My comments below refer to Forest 1 instead of Forest 2, and have no relevance to Forest 2 which is the subject of this thread otherwise**

A position farther up the pier from the docks might be good, though I would not merge the central bridge/town crier positions, unless devs find no one using one or the other (I can imagine the difference could be bigger for one town than another, depending upon how they set things up, and what they want a visitor's "initial view" of the town deployed before them is). I think having a position on the docks and/or up the pier is good for similar reason, if one must be removed though I'd take out the town crier first as the docks location seems the only one with a hint of water view coming into town.

Positions in the west would help for some town layouts as well, I agree! More variety of entry points could somewhat help with the issue of towns with the same base template "feeling" all the same as one enters them, though of course more templates are desirable :)

Very glad to see the new entry points we have at present though, big change for the better from my perspective :)

**edit to add I was erroneously posting about Forest 1 in a Forest 2 thread, I was thinking of Forest 2 as a different rotation rather than the non-coastal forest**

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

what pier? i'm talking about forest 2.

Albus likes this.
  4. Albus

Albus Avatar

Good point, I was mistakenly addressing Forest 1 placements in Forest 2 thread :(

Alley Oop likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.