forum moderation...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fauxpas, Jul 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Thread questioning moderation actions ?

Closed in

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    fonsvitae likes this.
  2. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

There's an easy filter available. It's called "don't read them". And an actual count of productive vs. bellyaching threads/posts reveals they're actually a pretty small percentage. You know, actual data. If you want to back up your post with actual numbers (I mean be factual about how hard it is to filter, then go ahead. You won't be able to do it, but go ahead and try.)

Besides, bellyaching about bellyaching puts your post squarely in the bellyaching category. And I, for one, didn't mind reading it.

Fauxpas, Elwyn, Stundorn and 7 others like this.
  3. Draugur2

Draugur2 Avatar

@DarkStarr Honestly, since the team has been cut back I think it's the perfect time to have ppl become volunteer mods. Spend a little bit of time making a set of rules, like having the mod post reason why post was deleted or changed. It could help take some weight off your team with a straight forward rule set put in place from the get go.

4. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

He's right ignore works perfectly! It's post like that that get threads close. I make a generalized statement, and he attacks me directly. Guess it's time to just start adding people to my ignore lists and call it a day. Was trying to keep it open for marketplace, BUT I don't really want to do business with people like that anyway.

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.