1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Forum Updates Continue (Moving Items, Stickies)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Elgarion, Feb 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Hi folks, another round of forum lovin' just came:

• Dev+ Forums un-nested from Dev Depot, now sub forum in Announcements
    • Dev Depot moved from main to sub forum in Announcements. This was a slightly used forum that didn't need to be in main directory.
    • Game Room (formerly The Game Room) moved from FireLotus sub-forum to Archive.
    • Screenshot & Video Galleries now sub-forum to General Discussion. This forum did not have enough activity requiring it to be in main directory, and fits inside of "General" concept nicely.
    • Moved Wishlist Requests into main directory out of Game Features to emphasize importance of this item. I'll be tracking and organizing wishlist items soon to help the team.
    • Localization remains as a main forum room but was put with the Avatars Across the World language section.
    • New Guild Directory Thread started and pinned inside of Player Guilds & Groups forum. Please submit your summary guild entries in that thread and make main detail entry in that forum.
    • New Town Directory Thread started and pinned inside of Player Owned Towns forum. Please submit your summary town entries into that thread and make main detail entry in that forum.
    • Moved Bard's Circle sub-forum from Player Created Resources to FireLotus Tavern as sub-forum since it's more of an archive of a creative project rather than an ongoing project. Fits creative theme of FireLotus.
    • Unpinned about 15-20 threads from Player Created Resources and since we're now have the resource list (which is pinned, and lists items alphabetically) people can bump posts as their project updates (significant bumps please, 1 per week max per normal forum rules) and respond to link list thread or message @Elgarion to have item added (or removed if outdated) to list and sotahelp.org, which are mirrored. List appears in 5 places now, possibly to be 6. https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/help-for-new-and-existing-players.161448/ is posted as pin in General Discussion, Player Created Resources, New Player Welcome, is linked on Discord and of course has sotahelp version.
    Okay, I think that captures the changes. I don't foresee too many other moves coming from my end but keep in mind @Ravalox is also working some magic in there as well, especially in the Feedback, Bug and QA areas. I'll start reading through forum descriptions soon as well to ensure they don't contain outdated descriptions/tooltips.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  2. Elgarion

edited, changes to Game Room and Localization moves. Received more team feedback.

Rentier likes this.
  3. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

might not hrut to add that to the forum rules and guidelines

4. Elgarion

hmmmm true, I think that's only mentioned in the marketplace sub rules. Adding now.

Anpu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.