FPS Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware, Software, Tech' started by mklgns, Apr 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mklgns

mklgns Avatar

Hey guys. Ive can not get the game to get over 33 fps on fastest setting. Ill list my hardware but i feel like there is another issue. Any help would be awesome cause im really wanting to play with some friends! Thanks

Operating System : Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 16299) (16299.rs3_release.170928-1534)
    Processor : AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
    Memory : 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory : 16332MB RAm

Card Name : AMD Radeon R9 280x Series
    Manufacturer : Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    Chiptype : AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x6798)
    Display Memory : 4095 MB
    AdapterRAM : 3.00 GB

2. mklgns

mklgns Avatar

I have been told on reddit that my spec simply arent good enough to run this game. I am able to run most any game i want on at least some limited settings but this game seems to drain my system for everything it has. Maybe they will optimize the game in the near future to run better on amd chip sets. Lets hope...

3. LiquidBlaze

LiquidBlaze Avatar

I run Sota on a gtx 970 while I mine with a 1070 lol, Anyhow, It seems healthier to use a OC utility drop the gpu clock a few hundred mhz and turn up the fan, it seems to run better doing it ones self than letting default settings do it, at least for me. OF course with the extras off like periphreal lighting in sota. These companies like to throttle the card before you hear a fan and it's downhill from there... You can get more out of er' =)

4. the Lacedaemonian

the Lacedaemonian Avatar

I recommend thermal paste upgrade to CPU and GPU. Shroud makes the gpu run very hot. If you have a copper heatsink Thermal Grizzly is awesome. Be careful using it though. Watch a tutorial about how to properly install it.

5. mklgns

mklgns Avatar

Thanks guys.. Ill try all this!!

6. Lathiari

Lathiari Avatar

Mkigns at a certain point you are going to have to accept that the game still needs allot of work in the optimization department, I don't think it's your system at all - your hardware isn't bad. I don't see thermal paste getting you more frames per second and an overclock really shouldn't be necessary. We are all waiting on performance improvements as of right now. As for the 33 FPS issue, what are you using to view your in game FPS? Are you talking 33 period regardless of scene or 33FPS in towns, 30-60+ in dungeons or solo areas - if it's 33FPS no matter where you are then that's sort of fishy and I would check your driver settings and make sure you aren't running a locked half refresh rate, or some kind of vsync issue.

To give you a little bit of background I myself just upgraded from a 970 to a 1080TI and I am still only sitting around 30-40FPS in town, over 100 in solo instances/dungeons and then again 30-50 on the world map. The games performance is very very inconsistent. Right now the things that give you the best FPS increase is turning off shadows and dropping the games resolution, these settings seem to have the highest impact on FPS. They have been doing a slow but steady job of performance improvements where they can, it's a long road ahead though - good luck to you!

**EDIT**
    Also, peripheral lighting should always, ALWAYS be off.. unless you have one of the special RGB devices that interact with shroud - most of us don't but some do.

Sorthious likes this.
  7. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Only problem with turning shadows off is that they are needed for various puzzles in the game. I'm running an RX480 and depending on location can go anywhere from around 10FPS up to over 100FPS. Things that really slow things down are the deco in towns, lots of people, and lots of AoE's/DoT's at once.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.