Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Free-Attack Combat Feedback PVE

Discussion in 'Release 23 Feedback' started by Jordizzle, Nov 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

Hi Devs! I just wanted to give some feedback on the combat this release when it comes to using free attack mode. Admittedly, I was turned off for a long time about free attack mode because of the way it hinders movement with the mouse. This release I decided to stick with free attack mode and I got use to having to move with wasd. It's not so bad once you are finally used to it. So far I've leveled my character up to 37. .and I feel this attack mode is really coming together. The charging animation was a welcome addition. I've been able to make good use of timing my charged attacks, mixing them in with my abilities and it's worked quite nicely. My go to tactic is to hit my opponent with Rend, or any DOT ability, trip them, then create space between them and I and then let the DOT do it's job while I move in and out getting my charged attacks in. I especially love going in for the final hit with a 3 or 4 tick charged attack. My bladed combat innate is up to 72 now and I'm able to handle things like skeleton footmen rather easy by using free attacks only. Also highlighting enemies in white that come within my striking range was a great addition as well. I no longer have to worry about what I'm actually targeting and can simply swing my sword hitting and damaging whatever is in front of me. It helps me to handle 2-3 monsters at a time quite nicely.

My only criticism at this point, is that monsters need to have a little work done on them in terms of when they swing their weapon and when they actually hit me. Plenty of times I will move in close to a mob and by the time the monster swings their weapon to attack me I've already moved 10-20 feet away to be out of their range but I will get "hit" any way. Once this is worked out I think fighting with free attack mode will be seriously fun. (of course some better sounds and some flashier animation could help, but I think you guys know that already.)

Any way, that's my feedback on free attack mode combat in PVE. Thanks for your hard work!

2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

OK I think I will add this into the Damage by Attack mode Types.

Need definition of attack Types

Auto - I know it swings for you using just innates
    Free - I call this using skills
    Charged - this is the attack that uses the base skill but buffs it up by holding "(what key do you use)" to charge the hit up. I do not believe skilled attacks can be charged

Are these correct?

FrostII likes this.
  3. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

Yes I believe so. You are correct skilled attacks, such as Rend, Thrust, Double Slash, etc. cannot be charged.

FrostII and Weins201 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.