Free Mining accounts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cream2, Dec 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oplek

oplek Avatar

How do you plan on transferring things like ore to other players, so that they might be sold?

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  2. Bob Kelso2

Bob Kelso2 Avatar

Secret ;)

3. oplek

oplek Avatar

Then now what you're talking about is an exploit that's specifically meant to circumvent protections they've put in place. Trial accounts cannot trade with other players, nor can they interact with player vendors.

So it seems ill thought-out to be announcing openly to Planetarium that you going to go ahead and use an exploit. That may not work out well for you.

4. Bob Kelso2

Bob Kelso2 Avatar

Or it works wonders! We will have to wait and see, I am not likely to be the only one with this plan tho so announcing it ahead of time I see as a favor to port :)

5. oplek

oplek Avatar

If you were interested in favors to Portalarium, you'd be PMing them with the exploit. They'll figure it out eventually, with bans shortly after.

6. oplek

oplek Avatar

I think I've said all I have to say on the matter. Certain individuals have marked themselves for monitoring.

Bob Kelso2 likes this.
  7. Bob Kelso2

Bob Kelso2 Avatar

Bans dont help on free accounts, thats the whole point :p you are right tho I am not looking to give them any favor :) more than has been done to this point at least

8. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Im buying ore in bulk :) msg me when u got some ;)!

9. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I am selling ore in my vendor. Go there and buy it :p

Numa likes this.
  10. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

And how is that different in the end from never having used the trial mode? It still takes time to do the mining, there are less places you can go with the skill cap (even if adventurer level is somehow capped, it doesn't matter near as much as skills). If there was a monthly fee, you would be dodging that, but there isn't. The only benefit you get is when you realize it is a stupid idea, you can abandon it for free.

You should at least think about it for a moment before you troll.
    ...so that we can prove that Port already got it right?
    something something Steam sales something something, it's already been discounted. I don't expect any discounts other than through game services and the usual Port discounts we've already seen until Episode 2 is released, then EP1+EP2 will probably get a bundle price.

11. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Bans help with the free account that hasn't transferred its ore yet, along with the account(s) that they have been logged as trading stuff to, when trading isn't even supposed to be possible at all. If there's a loophole, they'll plug it.

Also, it shouldn't be hard for them to detect a lot of mining activity on a trial account. What, you say you'll just start another one? Fine, you're also going to have to level it to the point where it can get to a decent set of resources, and you're certainly not going to have the "lol I'll just go legit and start using up all those pool XP!" "trick" from the first post. Other than an exploit (because their rules seem quite complete), there's no point in doing this on a trial account; it's better to use malware keyboard loggers to steal an existing account.

And when dropping items into a scene is implemented, you can be sure that trial accounts won't be able to do that either.

Olthadir and Bob Kelso2 like this.
  12. Bob Kelso2

Bob Kelso2 Avatar

Except what you are suggesting is criminal but if you dont mind that then sure its effective!

13. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Unless you sell it to an NPC it will just de-value ore prices without generating gold. So ore prices will drop without inflating the economy

Black Tortoise likes this.
  14. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Really not sure what Im missing here. So you fire up a free account, get mining up to 50, Spend the $45 to make it a full account? Whats the difference between just paying the $45 up front and then going and raising mining to 50 and then selling the account? In the end, you still have to go into a mine and mine the ore the same way as everyone else. I must be missing something?

15. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

If your intention is to mine away on a free account until you have enough ore to justify paying the $40 so that you can trade that ore... you may as well just pay the $40 in advance so that you have no restrictions along the way.

At least this way you will be able to hand off the ore on a daily basis and get it into the marketplace faster than waiting until you have "enough".

The way I see it, unless you are doing some kind of exploit that allows trial account gatherings to be transferred without upgrading to a paid account... this idea isn't going to work.

16. Bob Kelso2

Bob Kelso2 Avatar

Its still $5 to get a full account? Upgrading when you need to rather then from start helps minimize losses when/if banned due to botting.

17. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

LoL it is simple eventually somhow the ore can be transferred out at less than the 45$, somone will figure it out or even worse time will come when devs will cave and allow cheaper activation or anything.

He is just giving a valid example as to why this is such a bad idea.

In the end . . . . wait for it it will come - - ITYS

Bob Kelso2 likes this.
  18. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

First I'm hearing of a $5 account. Do you have a link or something where that was found? I don't recall Port ever having a $5 account other than a Forum Only account (which lets you post in forums but not play the game).

If you're talking about a former player selling their account for $5... then that doesn't count here because that person had to already pay the $45 to Port previously to get the account.

19. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

You didn't.

@ Topic.
    As long as they pay to activate the account i really can't see the problem.
    Where is the issue if they farm first an pay after or pay first and farm after?
    There is no difference to it.
    The "minimizing losses" might sound like a valid argument but if the game is still out there for 5 USD there are no real losses.
    Beside, if you get banned for botting you lose your ress as well. Because they are stuck on your account untill you upgraded it.

Numa and Elwyn like this.
  20. Bob Kelso2

Bob Kelso2 Avatar

Nope I was wrong was forum accsess, cant accsess G2A atm so cant check price there.

Bekido likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.