Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Free Sir Patrick/Speak With Sir Patrick/Speak With Kormag

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by rebbieforever, Jan 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rebbieforever

rebbieforever Avatar

1. Title: The above 3 Connected Quests dont get completed if you aftern earning Sir Patrick's freedom in the Arena and go directly to the guard of the cage and ask for the key and directly unlock it
    2. Reproduction Rate: I only have on character so I dont know
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details: It seems the game expects you to talk to random kobold first to get "Speak with Kormag" and then go to Kormag, agree to Earn the prisoners freedom in the Arena, then go back to Kormag, tell you to go ask the key from guard, Talk to Sir Patrick and last use the key to free him. Taking a different order screws the quest.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Having "Free Sir Patrick" already, I went to Kormag and agreed to fight over the prisoners freedom, in the way towards the arena talked to a kobold that gave me "Speak with Kormag", then went to the Arena, won after a couple deaths, went back to the cage Sir Patrick is kept, talked to the guard, he told me I fight well and gave me the key, I used the key on the door and Sir Patrick started running away, I followed cause I got "Speak with Sir Patrick" upon talking to the guard but he went to area edges and disappeared. Then went back to report the "Speak with Kormag" it wouldnt report either. Also "Free Sir Patrick" didnt complete either despite he left
    6. User Specs:

2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report! Issue #63649

@rebbieforever , I'll be looking into this but it sounds like you did everything correctly. I think the only true problem might be that Sir Patrick wasn't standing near the exit after he ran away. What should happen is Sir Patrick eventually stops on the road by one of the archway exits and you can talk to him to finish the scene.

Please try this troubleshooting method: I suspect you can go back into the Kobold Expeditionary Camp to find Sir Patrick back in the cage where you can talk to him. If you can talk to him, you can probably finish off your quest and exit the scene to continue your adventures.

Jaesun likes this.
  3. rebbieforever

rebbieforever Avatar

Yes I was able to re-do it, talk to him and advance, the problem was probably he left(disappeared). I actually went to the cage again and he was again there, so immediatelly after I free him I talked to him fast this time, before he runs off

Jaesun likes this.
  4. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the extra info! I'm glad you were able to complete the quest stage. I'll look into Sir Patrick disappearing and see if I can make it so he never despawns under any conditions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.