Friend pledged during the KS. Can he still add me as a referral?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ember, Feb 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ember

Ember Avatar

My friend pledged way back during the Kickstarter so he has Founder status just like me. My question is: Can he now put me down as his referral so that I may receive a recruiting bonus? Or is this not allowed since he pledged before the Recruiting thing was announced?

I do have a number of friends who did pledge after the Recruit-a-Friend started too, but they did not have my referral information. I remember reading somewhere that they may contact an admin to add my referral, so my last question is: what are the official instructions on how to go about this? Thank you in advance!!

2. smack

smack Avatar

Currently I'm not aware of any retroactive referral benefit. But you could try emailing support@portalarium.com and let us know what the official response is. I'm sure there were a lot of people that got their family and friends to also pledge during the KS / before any referral program.

3. Ember

Ember Avatar

Good idea, smack! Thanks for linking the email address and I'll update this post with the verdict when I hear back from them!

4. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

We already spoke about that few times. But we cannot.

5. Ember

Ember Avatar

Okay so Referrals are not retroactive? That's understandable. I was having trouble finding specific conversations about it. But for friends that pledged after the referral program was implemented? I'm assuming they can contact support to add the friend that referred them?

They should make the clarifications on this topic a sticky in Community Announcements or something. :confused:

6. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Yes, true. But Im not surea about if they will be able to do it. Anyway if they can let us to know! I also "lost" referrals since I convinced all my friends to be a backers while the KS, but it was impossible to fix. Maybe for the new ones is possible. :)

7. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

I did have one added to my account after the referral program was introduced by contacting support and saying that he put his email address in the referral slot instead of mine. It was shortly after the account was made tho, so I am not sure if that will be a factor.

Ember Isolte likes this.
  8. Ember

Ember Avatar

Ah ok. Thanks for the input, Gracekain!

Gracekain likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.