Friends & Business Partners Placing Vendors

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Isaiah, Aug 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I was thinking it might be good for people who get a good location to be able to rent out space for people to place vendors in front of their house for a cut of the action. Say your house is in a prime location, and somebody is willing to pay 10% of their earnings just to place a vendor at your house.

There should be some kind of allowance for Friends & Business partners to place a vendor but not necessarily have a lock box in your house, or be able to move your furniture. Let them be Vendors only, and have a % of sales option for those people.

Of course larger lots/homes should allow more vendors than smaller ones. So a village house can only have a few vendors, but a city house might be able to have lots of different vendors. City lots should be more profitable for the owner anyway. Anybody else want this?

derek6665 and jondavis like this.
  2. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

Interesting idea. The usefulness of this would depend on where the Bazaar is placed, but it would not hurt my feelings if this was done.

3. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

How about this? If a particular crafter loves crafting more than he does selling his stuff, he might make a financial deal with some home owner with a good spot so he can spend more time gathering and hammering rather than spending time in the Bazaar selling.

4. jondavis

jondavis Avatar

I fear that many will not make special trip to some vendor.
    With recall in UO it was not hard to bounce around to go shopping.
    So the more vendors outside your house the more someone might make a trip there.
    Good idea.

5. stile

stile Avatar

Yeah I want to be able to do this, but i see zero reason to have an in game mechanic for it in the game beyond flags as to what people can and cant access in your house.

UO had many vendor shops that where in very prime locations, where the house owners would rent the ability to people to place a vendor list there.. if the person didnt pay on time, they got kicked from the house, no more vendor. I had a vendor here to there at a couple of places like that.. although usually for free as the rarity of my goods brought traffic to the place for the normal goods, so i tended to get in for free as a customer draw.

6. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Not much to add really.. just a very cool idea. I would prefer being able to charge a fee though. Perhaps one of the house options to set a % on sales to be automagically sent to the bank or a safe in the house. Just because it'd be a pain to manage that manually. Having to keep track of who's paid how much every week or month. Or.. perhaps you'd need to hire a servant who could do that for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.