Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Friends only, NPC combat feedback

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by Jonathon.Doran, Aug 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonathon.Doran

Jonathon.Doran Avatar

I am a bit frustrated with "friends only" not putting two friends in the same instance. This must not be working properly, as I can't see any point to doing it this way intentionally. I want to see friends. Now one of us has to invite the other to a party, and then wait 2 minutes. Sometimes rezoning, or going back to the menu will put us in the same instance, but not always.

Next, and I'm not sure if this is an exploit or not, but I notice that when hunting the deer at Solace Bridge, that I can chase them into a corner and they will stand there and let me kill them without moving. For instance, after leaving the bridge hang a left. There should be two deer up the hill a bit. Run that way, and once they see you they will take off in the other direction. They run down by the river and are trapped. When you get in range cast on them and they just stand there and die.

R32 has a good feel. I have been very busy IRL and have missed much of the development, but I can say at this point that I find the world enjoyable.

I'm a little concerned with the magic system. I don't see any point where players are asked to make choices, everyone can cast any spells. This leads to min-maxing and generic characters. Hopefully I'm wrong on this

Acred and Lord Baldrith like this.
  2. Jonathon.Doran

Jonathon.Doran Avatar

I almost forgot an annoyance: The inn in Soltown occasionally plays two songs at once in a dissonant mess. I'm sure the folks who did audio would not be pleased to hear this. I suggest fading out the background music when other music is playing. I'm not talking about the piano either, this happens when there is nobody in the inn.

Acred likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.