Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Game crash / Network loss in Hilt forge room

Discussion in 'Release 27 Bug Forum' started by Alexander, Feb 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Title: Game crash / Network Loss in Hilt Forge Room
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker: Yes
    Details: When entering the Hilt Fortress Obsidian forge room located Area: Hilt Fortress (Novia_R3_Hills02_Hilt_Interior) Loc: (63.9, -78.0, -112.7), a mob of creatures attacks my character, ultimately causing a Pelican Network error and the game crashing. The only way to prevent the crash is to allow the character to die before the game actually crashes.
    Steps to Reproduce: Just enter the room in the Hilt Fortress where the Obsidian Forge is located. You will also find a mob of Fire Elementals and Obsidian Golems. It may be the mob that is responsible for the crashes.
    If you wish to avert the network loss and crash, just allow the character to die.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.4Ghz
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 GPU RAM: 4Gigs

Screenshot of Pelican Network error just prior to disconnect and crash.
    [​IMG]

2. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

Bug entered. From the logs it appears that the game is sending too much network traffic, overloading your connection. The best work-around I can offer until we get this fixed is to play in single-player online mode when you hit these trouble spots.

Alexander likes this.
  3. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

I have more info on this, and probably a hint to find a fix.

The culprit is not the mob of mobs.

The culprit is the obsidian curse.

We were in four down there, and as soon as one of us entered the recessed circle around the forge - thus triggering the curse on him/her - we all started to see the familiar network problem error icon. As soon as the cursed char exited from the circle, even with TONS of mobs casting/hitting everywhere, the network icon disappeared. As long as nobody touched the circle, we were able to farm tons of elementals, without (much) hassle.

On closer examination, when hovering the obsidian curse debuff on the character, it's eay to see it's continually updated, as if a flood of packets is sent to the victim (and anyone around), with new state of the curse, at time swapping two of the four lines of debuffs, but wildly flickering, as if the curse itself would be reapplied at every game loop tick - which is naturally too fast for any intercontinental network link.

Hope helps.

Alexander and Jack Knyfe like this.
  4. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

There's also an issue with disconnects at control points, which @Chris might be able to corroborate with the data he collected at Brightbone Pass last night.

Alexander likes this.
  5. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

this appens also to me.. in a 2 player party

6. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

Ok, that narrows it down quite a bit. I've updated the bug with this new information. Thanks!

Katrina Bekers and Alexander like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.