Game Crashes et al

Discussion in 'New Player Experience Feedback' started by Rawney, Jan 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rawney

Rawney Avatar

Offline playing in Ardoris, trying to buy from either of the Obsidian Crown merchants opens an apparent mini loading screen and the games crashes back to the initial play menu.
    Other possible issue for me, I was trying to craft a "Front Clasp Cloak", I have as yet been able to find the necessary metal fastener mentioned in the recipe, online mode has, as I recall this metal fastener available.
    Great game, keep up the good work, I have been with you since Ultima I. :)

Best Regards and Season's Greetings, Rawney.

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

While in game, where this is happening, type /bug in the chat window and paste that information in a post. It automatically copies that information to your clipboard.

You should make a post in the bug forum with the /bug information.

What you need are the various bindings recipes. In online, they are found on the Blacksmith NPC in Owls Head. I assume they are still there in Offline.

Alley Oop likes this.
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

to add to that, when a recipe calls for a metal binding, any metal will do. copper or iron would be cheapest, but you could make one out of bronze if you really wanted to and it would work. this also applies to wooden bindings: any wood will do. ...and if a recipe calls for bindings, without specifying at all, any wood OR metal binding will work.

Jaesun likes this.
  4. Rawney

Rawney Avatar

A significant number of recipes are missing in offline, that are available in online, one was the recipe for crafting a Rock Maple Timber, this precluded making any Rock Maple Items. The recipe for making a metal fastener is also not available in offline. A refresh of the offline Recipes would be most welcome. I am paralleling my online character with an offline character, offline is much easier getting resources and more forgiving. Someone did an outstanding job of cleaning up the starting area for Love. "Thank You" P.S. How do you use the Obsidian Item of Greater Unlearning, I cannot make it do anything. DOH :)

5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Those recipes are found on drops and supply bags dropped from humanoid enemies. At least they should be.

6. Rawney

Rawney Avatar

Thank you, I noticed I was getting what seemed like random Recipe drops, I will continue on. Best Regards, Rawney

Jaesun likes this.
  7. Floors

Floors Avatar

Always the worst when you hear of players playing in offline mode when we need player count for online mode the most.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.