game freezing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hunter Wolfbane, Apr 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hunter Wolfbane

Hunter Wolfbane Avatar

is there a bug or something that would be freezing me up after 30 seconds in game never had problems tell i reinstalled game tried again today with fresh install i get on and with in seconds im froze i have tried lowest settings still freezing running a r7 270x 4gig 12gig ram processor little small a6 5400k can run most games on high any help would be great ty

Leelu, Acred and Time Lord like this.
  2. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~Better Help than Me is On the Way~:D
    [​IMG]
    Good Luck Avatar cowboyrw!
    The smart ones will come! ;)
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Leelu, Acred and Cordelayne like this.
  3. Hunter Wolfbane

Hunter Wolfbane Avatar

So i have tried updating all drivers no luck set all specs down to nothing so graphics should run smooth took firewall down am very lost with this when it locks up i hear the game but screen goes white with every thing frozen stays that way for hours tell end task it any ideas would be great help

Leelu and Time Lord like this.
  4. danjacobsmith

danjacobsmith Avatar

There's a chance that your video card is overheating. Have you tried other 3d games to see if they freeze also? There's software available that will monitor all your system temperatures. It's also possible that it's a hardware issue, such as bad ram, but this would likely show up while using other software, unless you don't use too many high resource applications other than Shroud of the Avatar. If it is a video card heat issue, often it's because the fan on the video card stopped working.

If you don't have any shutdown temperature controls set for your CPU in your bios, it's also possible that's an issue. It's less likely though, since by default most motherboards will shut your system down if high CPU temperatures are reached, to save the processor.

Running a stability stress test will help if it is indeed a heat issue. This link will bring you to a popular choice called FurMark.

http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/

I hope you get everything sorted out. I know how frustrating it can be to have a computer that won't work. Most of us "geeks" feel your pain.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    Leelu and Time Lord like this.
  5. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

Also if there was no issue before the reinstall, perhaps it was not a clean uninstall. There could be some conflicting information in your register. After testing your video, test your ram to make sure it is working right. Then look for a program for a clean uninstall.

Time Lord and Leelu like this.
  6. Hunter Wolfbane

Hunter Wolfbane Avatar

furmark came back with benchmark test score of 4024 67fps,60000ms max gpu temp was 80 c 1280x720 cpu speed 3593 mhz memory 10189 mb

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    Time Lord likes this.
  7. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Do you have any other unity-based games that you can try? It might have something to do with Unity and your graphic card driver.

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

A bizarre thought that might help. I was crashing (read => game disappearing to desktop every few minutes). Another player (thanks @Athanil) came to my rescue - turns out I had Air's Embrace in my deck. Apparently this is currently bugged - I trust the devs know about this and are on it.

I tender that for what it's worth - taking it out might help.

Acred, Athanil and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.