Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Game hanging for several seconds at one particular spot

Discussion in 'Release 26 Bug Forum' started by Aurelius Silverson, Feb 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

2/17/2016 2:19 PM
    Title: Game hangs for several seconds, every time I hit this location
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: For several days now, when I go in Graff Gem mines and the first time I reach this particular junction, the two skeletons appear (one warrior, one archer), and the game stops responding for 10-20 seconds. Problem does not occur after those skeletons are dead, can pass this point in both directions without problems - but every time they spawn there, the game hangs.
    Steps to Reproduce: Visited this spot several times over the last four days, same thing happens every time.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32718
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4008
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.378.Date.02.09.16
    Area: Graff Gem Mines
    Loc: (-6.9, -9.9, 103.3)

2. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

My game crashes altogether at this same spot, started last release. Seems that when the skeleton says anything, it happens. If he doesn't see you its ok to run by him, the moment he does see you, it crashes. An error comes up saying something like "server has terminated connection" after about 1 minute, I have to restart the game completely...

I'm using:
    -Win7 x64
    -nVidia GTX 760
    -Intel 4790k
    -32g RAM

3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

@SmokerKGB @Aurelius This was a known issue that had been occurring for several releases. Thanks to the keen insight of @Astarte, we have pinned down the issue being related to a pathing problem with the skeletons around that corner. When engaging them, the one in the back would have issues setting up its pathing to the player, and make perhaps countless pathing calls that would cause the hitches you observed.

We fixed it, and it should work as of R27. Thanks for reporting!

Aurelius and SmokerKGB like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.