Game is WAY Too Easy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alleine Dragonfyre, Nov 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

One example: no one should be able to solo a siege. I'm sure there are tons more examples, but that's a glaring one to me.

Edit: Someone pointed out that "Way" might be a bit too far so lets just say "The Game is Too Easy." Who me? Over-exaggerate something? No! :D

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  2. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I made a post like this a year ago I still agree 200%

All content is soloable ( ok a few exceptions like rise lich etc.), it takes no real time to be able to do any of this.

3. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Avatar

Same argument could be made for Dragons and Giant Trolls and well basically any boss character, or anything you can farm non stop for high priced high end game items.

4. Gix

Gix Avatar

Or maybe you can share your character info and build so that the devs can nerf it. You won't mind as the game is already too easy (for YOU) anyways.

Daigoji Gai, Gia2, jolanar and 7 others like this.
  5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

has not this been gone thru before -
    the answer from some was -
    Delete your char start over -
    LMAO​

ITYS

6. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Avatar

lol. Mine gets nerfed every released in some way. Not much longer and I'll be lucky to be able to fight small wild game.

7. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

I don't know. I disagree partially on this. There are some 5% or something that can solo this content you're talking about. Maybe? It DOES take quite a lot of time to get there if you can't play 10 hours every single day. Most players simply can not do that. We also should probably consider that this content we're talking about is for this first episode, and therefore should not be considered the "END" content. There are years (hopefully) of additional things coming, and Portalarium can ramp up difficulty on some newly added bosses and such at that time. We know they will. That's exactly why we'll have new episodes! You don't have to rush to the ability to solo all content in the game in one month as some have, and then complain that things are "too easy."

Let's not tailor this entire game to the top 1 to 5% of players that seem to not have jobs or young children, or classes to attend, or whatever normal life may bring to the table. I think the top 1 to 5% often time get what they want because they also tend to have the most time to spend sitting in here and complain about what is wrong with the game. Casual folks are here too. Let's try to remember that not everyone is level 110.

Aeryk, Daigoji Gai, By Tor and 11 others like this.
  8. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

Not sure about the rest of you but in the latest patch I can't solo sieges anymore as a melee (and even before I couldn't kill all the cabalists). Them being able to crit is big ouchies on my wee wee. Many things that were soloable are no longer in that same boat except for maybe the very best (gear, A-level, skills, etc) in the game.

Daigoji Gai and Gerugon like this.
  9. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

What i could solo before i now do it with... extra damage. ;p it is easier than before.

10. Alleine Dragonfyre

I know of several people, with several different builds that can solo Sieges. This game is way too casual and people looking for a challenge are bored. My husband, Drizzet, for example has played since August and has about 8 GMs and can solo them. He can solo the Treants too and well, most anything. Is he a top tier player? Perhaps in ability but not in game-mechanics skill.

Tetsu Nevara likes this.
  11. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

12. Alleine Dragonfyre

I don't understand your meme.

FrostII and devilcult like this.
  13. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Good for him. A vast majority of people will not be soloing sieges or dragons after 4 months of play. Tell him to go fight the new Ancient Dragon or something.

14. Alleine Dragonfyre

So you're saying Sieges should be soloable?

15. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Thing is, if you make it so strong the top people cannot solo it, and requires a party of the top people, then casuals are never going to be able to beat it with a party even. have the devs ever said things are not suppose to be soloable? In a game were we have freedom like we do here, being a tank healer, if I cannot live from it, who can then?

16. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

In Episode ONE of Shroud of the Avatar, I expect that most people should be soloing the content designed for Episode one when they have been playing for years. Yes. I think they should be soloable by people that have been playing for a long time.

17. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Exactly. You simply can not tailor the game ENTIRELY for the people that play 70% of their day. Some content is for them. MOST should not be.

18. Alleine Dragonfyre

There should be group-only zones. Seiges are supposed to be massive, hard hitting battles. Why WOULDN'T it be a group thing??

Ok... I have ONE GM and I can solo Greymark Forest with little effort. Does that sound right? What's the point of a 5-skull area? I don't get it. Will there be more skulls on newer areas?

FrostII likes this.
  19. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

With the low population restricting a substantial amount of content to group play would be a mistake. Really ALL content should be capable of being soloed.

20. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

There are 8 and 10 skull areas. Can you solo the rise mages? Can you solo a dragon? I can list of a bunch of stuff you probably cannot solo.

Gerugon, Chatele, Halfwitte and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.