Game issues, need help please.

Discussion in 'Hardware, Software, Tech' started by JamesKrieg, Mar 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JamesKrieg

JamesKrieg Avatar

been having an issue with the game for almost 2 months now. so let me give ya a run down on the equipment.
    Motherboard Asus H170-Pro
    CPU- Intel i5-6402P @ 2.8 Ghz
    Ram 32 gigs DDR4 2133 Mhz dual channel
    Vid - Nvidia GeForce GTX960 with 4 gigs ram
    Disk drive is a 1 TB SSD
    Mouse - Logi G502
    Keyboard Razor Black Widow Ultimate
    OS - Winblows 10, updated and current.
    Drivers - all current and yes i did check each of them for every external attached device.
    Internet, is Cable - Arris Cable Box - >Cat 5 cable -> Belkin 926 Router -> Cat 5 into the pc.

the issue is this, while in any instance if i'm in combat and go to use a style or click on a glyph the game will pause 1 - 3 seconds , sometimes when it recovers i'm looking straight up at the sky. Now that in mind it isnt every time i click but more like hmmm i'd say it happens ever 30 seconds or so while performing actions.
    I did the /debug and i'm running fine at 50-60 FPS during the whole time. I've tried to run the game in fast mode, makes no difference.
    Here is my Options video settings..

Quality fastest
    resolution 1920-1017 60 hz
    no shadow
    use antialiasing
    Use camera Bloom
    Depth of field
    Cull interior
    Aggresive deco loading..

I do not know the address of the game server to perform a ping test or trace route to see if there is an issue there but if someone has that info, I'd be happy to test it too.

2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Do you have spare keyboard and mouse to try just to rule out the issue?

3. Innascual Inch

Innascual Inch Avatar

I don't remember the exact wording of the option, but try removing the option to have the tool tip popup when mousing over a glyph on the combat bar. That database lookup always used to cause a hitch for me, and removing it fixed the problem. The option to remove it is in the Options menu.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  4. Sir Brenton

Sir Brenton Avatar

If you could post this in the Bug forums as well that would be great!! I and many others are having this issue and really would like to see it addressed by the team! I Just gave up last night trying to help some folks in the Rise because of it.

We need all the awareness we can get on this one. It's been too long to deal with imho.

5. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

this happens to me too - I think it's already been bug reported, another report wouldn't hurt though

6. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Yep...was really bad last night in The Rise and then in Sequanna Colossus. It seems intermittent. There are times when everything runs smooth(just a small amount of hitching), and others where the hitching is 1-2secs. When hitching gets bad it seems to get progressively worse. Restarting the game seems to help a bit, but it doesn't fix the issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.