Game Runs Abysmally

Discussion in 'Hardware, Software, Tech' started by Velner, Feb 23, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Sure we can. OP @Velner , do you have 8 physical cores or 8 logical cores? This will help us know what edition of the I7 you have. Thanks.

Coswald, But you forgot this most important part when you quoted me and removed some of my posting from what you quoted to make me look Stupid. Like keeping important bits out to try to prove you think you are right and think I am wrong.

What is a core? Does it mean the individual core or the multithreaded core. What did the OP mean?

What you missed to include:
    Total Threads
    AND
    Max Turbo Frequency
    3.80 GHz
    Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 Frequency‡
    3.80 GHz

I have found out that most people will pop open Task Manager and look at the Performance tab and say I count 8 cores. They don't realize the Change Graph To is set to Logical Cores. So Coswald don't lecture me on cores and dismiss my contribution to help the OP and his problem.

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

This has got to be the nerdiest form of pvp I've ever seen, loving it, I hope there is more! *Grabs popcorn*

Violet Ronso likes this.
  3. Duke Gréagóir

*pass the popcorn and coke*

Adam Crow likes this.
  4. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

If you think I was operating in bad faith then it's probably not worth going further. Everyone can see what you said initially, I quoted an excerpt of your post that most clearly conveyed mismatch I was addressing. There was no attempt to make you looks stupid, and it did not occur to me you'd have so much pride wrapped up in what I found to be a pretty trivial (but fun) point of CPU geekery.

Perhaps the stars have aligned to make someone describe their 4c8t 3.6GHz i7-3820 as a 3.8GHz 8 core i7 (even though it still wouldn't be an 8c 3.8GHz CPU) and we will have made much progress in solving the issue. I hope they don't think anyone is calling them stupid by taking it as reasonably likely, it would be such a silly thing to get upset over.

Adam Crow likes this.
  5. Velner

Velner Avatar

Hi friends

I appreciate the help. To update my stats: I have an SSD and my processor is 8 physical core and appears to have 16 logical processes.

As somebody pointed out my rig "should" play Elden Ring at max settings which it does, among other modern games.

I attempted the Vulcan fix but I couldn't quite follow the instructions so I am not sure if I even did that properly. In particular, I got lost at the "Advanced System Settings" step. It's a shame. I've always wanted to play this game. I was in the pre-alpha test and have a physical copy (I think that was a $300 kickstarter). I never could because at some point my generic PC couldn't run it. Now I have a gaming PC and still can't play. Sad times.

I fondly remember one of the early releases. . . there was a mountain area and there was a safe spot in a tower. You could just demolish the mobs below and nothing could get to you. There were always people up there and we were grinding levels so fast. Good times.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2022
  6. Duke Gréagóir

I am sad your rig cannot run SotA. :(

thank you for posting more detailed specs. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.