gateway crafting

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by EVL Treasurer, May 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EVL Treasurer

EVL Treasurer Avatar

as i await the arrival of sota i pass the time playing menial carbon copies of game after game as i have for the last few years. however, on occasion on of those games comes up with a useful idea. the one i would like to bring to light is the new neverwinter.

they have a html gateway page where you can actually finish and initiate your crafting. this is amazing for me as someone who works full time and comes home to a family every night. the ability to continue my crafting with a quick log in is simply genius.

anyhow, just my 2 cents.

2. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

I agree. Numerous people have suggested pulling out mini-games around crafting, gathering, collecting and decorating, social, or PvP and pushed them to mobile/facebook/html interfaces.

We just don't know how SotA's crafting will work. But I can imagine that it might take real time like NW does.

The interesting thing would be having both time be relevant in crafting and make to order crafting (vs make to stock)...where someone crates a work order for chainmail and people have to fulfill that work order. (Obviously this is a lot more realistic than either instant crafts or having the right sized armor sitting in stock.)

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?topic=is-it-backwards-to-pay-for-housing

3. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

I see potential abuse by users who can scrip.

Edit:
    no no no not talking about mini games and such and I HOPE there is no Facebook mini games or other outside influences on the game server. If you want to play SotA Then you need to log into the server.

4. EVL Treasurer

EVL Treasurer Avatar

prime you are right, it could be insta-craft like UO and there would be no need for such a thing.

grace i have been coding since pascal and q basic. i am now fluent in c++, php, html5, css, js query, sql, mysql, and some other irrelevant languages. that being said, i have tried to test neverwinters gateway vulnerability and while i could be wrong, it was solid.

i dont really care about mini games and the like, i was just saying it was very useful to be able to check in on crafting and auctions through an html gateway when i am taking a break at work so i didn't have to install the game on my work pc if crafting goes the neverwinter way.

although, knowing lord british and team it will be more hands on than clicking and waiting.

5. stile

stile Avatar

I agree with Stvnkrs1, that some gateway options would be nice. I wouldn't want one that checks on auctions because I hope there's no auction house system! :)

Rather then html though (or maybe in addition to), id rather see them as phone apps.

Some sort of menu which lets me of various things to my sota account from my phone. Set up multiple accounts on it, choose an account and log in. Have access to my vault, my house storage, my characters pack(s), etc. Be able to move things from one place to another, such as restocking vendors.

Access to a mail system for sending messages to players. Not for sending goods, Im against the ability to mail goods to each other in game. But I do think there should be a mail system. And this would be good if usable from the app.

Also the ability to enter a small crafting menu if certain conditions are met. Those conditions may be that your house is not currently locked out due to the city being under attack, and that you are currently not in a situation in which it would not be feasible to go to your home to craft a bit. Also that you have the tools and supply's available that you need to use. Then you just have a menu system for choosing to craft stuff.

Maybe the ability to shop from certain NPC vendors if you have discovered them, and are within a certain distance of them and meet certain conditions. like maybe if your logged out in your house you can access npc vendors in that village or town, etc.

A guild menu that allows you to do certain guild related things. put things into or out of guild storage containers and vaults from your own (if you have the access). Maybe there are tools for those who have access for recruiting people, promoting and demoting, dismissing, changing titles, and so forth. Accessing the guilds in game chat maybe?

An option to access in game chat channels and participate in them. Even if you want to limit to the area where your character is logged at, etc.

All of this would allow you to do some "book keeping" type stuff on your mobile apps and/or work computers. On your breaks, lunch, sitting at the doctors office, and so forth. Thus when your get home for work your able to jump right into what you want to with all the mundane stuff taken care of, or maybe at least some of it.

6. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

Access to crafting would be great. Be it html or phone app either way would be appreciated.

Doesn't matter how crafting is handled remote access would be nice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.