Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Geof in Soltown's refugee camp, not responding... Maybe he is in a coma?

Discussion in 'Release 25 Bug Forum' started by Brazen Spirituality, Jan 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brazen Spirituality

Brazen Spirituality Avatar

To be fair, there are a few potential triggers. He could be physically stuck, and glitching, as he is not walking or moving like he should be, if my memory is correct that he was not standing like a sign post previously. He could be broken only for me, as I have nobody handy to test him out. He could be broken only at the turn in portion of the Iron Blade quest, as that is why I sought to engage him in conversation.

SO, onward:

Title: Conversation / Quest Turn In: NPC Geof won’t respond to conversation, when attempting to turn in the Iron Blade for the quest.

Reproduction Rate: 100% (... for me anyhow, every time I try to get him to talk or move, he just stands there.)

Blocker? Partial. I can not turn in the quest.

Details: When I try and speak with NPC Geof inside Soltown's refugee camp, he does not respond, even with a standard “I don’t understand” response. I am too broke to offer to buy him a beer, so at least he has not snubbed me!

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Log into Shroud of the Avatar, Single player Online.
    2. Travel to Soltown Refugee Camp. /loc = Area: Soltown (Novia_R1_City_Soltown) Loc: (47.7, 33.8, 160.1)
    3. Approach NPC Geof. Notice he stands there, poker straight, and does not mutter, nor pace about nor even take a seat.
    4. All types of standard /l communication is ignored.
    5. Double click Geof, and notice that the player's avatar moves and the scene tries to go into a face to face view, but Geof does not move.
    6. Greet Geof, offer him adult entertainment, say "help" or "Iron Blade" or any number of other comments, and see that his reply is always the same blank stare, and no movement.
    7. Attempt various other statements and observe that none prompt a response from Geof.
    8. Note also that you are unable to turn in the item for the quest reward.
    9. Attempt to close the face to face by saying "goodbye" and it does nothing.
    10. Unlike most face to face conversations, the moment you try to move your avatar, the face to face is ended.

User Specs: Toshiba Laptop PC running Windows 10, 64 bit OS. Game version 25

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Is this issue still occurring? Tested both on the dev-build and on live and he appears to have regained control of his motor functions and ability to speak. Thank you for reporting.

3. Brazen Spirituality

Brazen Spirituality Avatar

Well... I am VERY relieved that Geof is hearty and hale once again!

However, it seems his moral compass might be a bit off, as when turning in the quest, he took 2 iron blades, (As if he took one, but my inventory showed otherwise) for which I was "rewarded" 200 gp.

Now it is up to you to tell me, if this is a "bug" or a "feature"! LOL

4. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

@BrazenSpirit Now THAT does appear to be a bug. Submitted for fix. Thank you for reporting.

5. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

There are a couple of NPCs that are more vulnerable to lag than others. This usually occurs in locations where the NPCs are grouped up close to eachother.

The most common issue I get is when trying to communicate with them is that they don't reply at all on the first try. Instead one needs to enter the keyphrase twice or even thrice before one gets a response.

But every now and then they don't even react to "Hello" at all, they don't even start tracing a path towards the avatar. Geoff and the other refugees get this a lot more than other places. But I also get it from the trainers in Ardoris who are close to eachother, and the Tavern Patrons in Ardoris who are also close together.

Since it is lag dependent I don't think that you can repeat it from your machines without a delay loop of some kind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.