Get rid of chaotic feedback

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by swampthing, Mar 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swampthing

swampthing Avatar

It is my personal opinion that there should be no chaotic feedback. PVP is way too fast paced with it. Also i liked it much better before when you could set the draw speed of your rolling deck.

2. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I think it'd be cooler as a "i know im about to die" kinda going down swingin skill that kills you once it's gone. Like a kamikaze that doesnt explode.

3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

It has always seemed like a very overpowered spell to me.

One of the reasons this power is supposed to exist in the Chaos school is that it's supposed to be able to backfire on the caster. That's not currently implemented.

At one point, Starr said that it would be fun to have a chaos spell like that cast and there would be a percentage chance of the spell (for example) turning the caster into a chicken! I would love to see this happen. I'm going to start lobbying for it.

If that happened, I think it would make the risk vs. reward use of chaos magic more in line with the actual design goals.

4. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

Necromancers taming undead, Chaos mages turning into chickens.

Baron should have been a dev, love your ideas.

5. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I wish I could take credit for it. There's a very old video of Starr when he first joined the team talking about Chaos Magic and turning casters into chickens. Very cool video that was probably the most he's ever talked about his goals for magic.

Sorry, I don't have a link. It was him being interviewed by some web blog guy.

6. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

Always wanted to play a wild mage in 2nd edition ad&d but all my friends 'back in the day' played the first edition rules - a wild mage's spell power was variable and there was a chance for a wild surge on each cast which could be 100 different effects. Pretty interesting stuff. Hoping to spend more time testing out Chaos Magic this release, need to get my Daemon on!

7. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

I played a wild Mage and I toed him as one of those crazy ol koots. He was silly, clumsy, hair was a mess, dressed like a colorful bum. His name was cukoo like the clock! I remember one time when the spell landed in my favor it was awesome, when it didn't we all had a good laugh at the outcome.

Good times.

Ancev likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.