Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Getting dizzy...

Discussion in 'Release 21 Feedback' started by WrittenLore, Aug 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WrittenLore

WrittenLore Avatar

Hi I just started playing SotA last night and seem to be getting really dizzy IRL. I could only play the game for a few hours before I had to stop. I haven't played too many games like this but I was playing a similar WASD oriented game right before this and didn't seem to get the dizzy/naseous feeling in that game.

Just wondering if anyone had suggestions? I've been playing with some of my family members but not sure if we will invest money in it if I can't figure it out. (because we all want to play the same game)

Thanks for any help

2. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

I have a buddy with this problem. If he plays Call of Duty for more than 15 minutes he has to puke. More frequent breaks is your best bet. You could also take Dramamine I guess.

WrittenLore and Montaigne like this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Are you playing in first person mode? Press page down or use the scroll wheel to zoom out some.

WrittenLore likes this.
  4. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

As Lord Barugon stated, go to third person view. If you're there already, reduce your graphic settings to get a better frame rate and/or reduce stuttering.

WrittenLore likes this.
  5. Abhann

Abhann Avatar

Our eye doctor gave my son what she called the 20 rule: every 20 minutes spend 20 seconds looking at something 20 feet away....course our house has no rooms that big and a teenager never remembers to do it but...

Otherwise, yes, anything that will up your frame rate should help...so check graphics drivers also, SotA is a bit fussy that you have current ones.

WrittenLore likes this.
  6. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

I have nausea issues when playing 3D games, but nothing as bad as yours. I agree with Budner. When it gets bad for me, I usually just take breaks. I also play in 3rd person view which really helps for me. So, you are not alone with this problem.

WrittenLore and Budner like this.
  7. WrittenLore

WrittenLore Avatar

Thanks so much! I'll see if your tips helped!

Alexander likes this.
  8. WrittenLore

WrittenLore Avatar

Dang... I just updated my video drivers to the latest AMD HD 5700 and now the game wont load at all.. ughh!

9. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

SOTA tends to be darker than most other games and the darkness seems to be for long stretches too. I find that when I'm on my "work" computer with a small monitor, I tend to squint a lot and sometimes get a headache (although no dizziness). I wonder if that could be part of your issues too?

The brightness slider seemed to help with this a bit for me.

WrittenLore likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.