1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Ghost - Remove encumbrance

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Warius, Oct 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warius

Warius Avatar

Being a ghost is a painfull reminder that dying in SotA hurts a lot.
    The worse thing could be the fact that one has to go from a dead body to an ankh, sometime far far away, or maaybe the fact that one can't use doors, ladders etc... despite being a ghost... But no, to me the worse is to be overencumbered as a ghost!

This makes no sence, I genuinely think being a ghost is already way too much punitive, why worsening it by losing the ability to carry weight? I mean a ghost is not evolving on the material plane, why would it be overencumbered?

Can you please consider fixing it?

Thanks!

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

that's deliberate: there was a whole spate of people killing themselves to bypass weight restrictions. chris called them ghost truckers.

...and i don't think dying in sota hurts even a little. you don't lose items, you don't lose xp (any more), you don't lose gear durability if you can get a rez or to an ankh, you don't even lose your food.

Tiina Onir, Anpu and Warius like this.
  3. Warius

Warius Avatar

Damn those people! It's like dungeon mob loot...
    Sure you don't lose all those things (yet?), but ankhs can be very far, and when PvP fishing for example it's always very painfull and takes minutes to join the ankh in Brave Coast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.