Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Give crafters back repairing

Discussion in 'Release 30 Feedback Forum' started by Nolove 0369, May 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nolove 0369

Nolove 0369 Avatar

New layout for repairing.
    Lets all be reasonable allowing anyone to repair there Gear with a COTO is just plain wrong.
    C.O.T.O.s DO NOT REPAIR ARMOR CRAFTERS DO.

We all agree we need items to break so we can balance the economy, Yet there are game features that need items to stay alive for long term so they can become more powerful, get cool names ect.

As it stands Crafters just got all and Any repairing taken away, Players will drop repair kits on there gear to repair up to current durability, and use a COTO on there gear at a crafting station to do a full durability repair. no crafter skill needed no crafter needed.

So now for the good news crafters getting back there Jobs and becoming needed again.

1. Repair kits work just as they do now, drop it on your gear for a field repair up to current durability.

2. A full durability repair should re Crafting level 80, learn the repair skill, start repairing item durability as the crafters repair skill goes up, the more durability gets repaired per repair.

3. The Balance: so now items don't break, but why did they have to? Because we as crafters need to replace stuff , use up resources, farm more resources, keep the circle of life going.
    So to do a full Durability repair it should take the SAME AMOUNT AND TYPE OF MATERIALS TO MAKE A NEW ONE, after all you were out every last point of durability, so every piece has to be replaced.

4. Example : A broken 2 handed Copper sword with a Bronze hilt, takes a new Bronze hilt, and Copper blade to repair it to full durability. (may be based on the crafters repair skill how many points get repaired)
    I as the crafter can either make you a new one or you can request I repair your old one, so I place
    all items on the table to include the broken sword, I hit the repair button and there you go, just like making you a new one but its actually your old one, and some day it will be the Skull crusher or the Elf slayer or some thing like that, because your item retains all its history. I as the crafter don't care I had to make all the same parts either way, did it really matter it cost the same materials and time.

5. Can we get tricky make a 5% chance the item breaks during the repair.....sure if we wanted to make you think twice about retiring that old sword wont it.

6. Armor work the same way, Sure why not, or may be just do weapons and allow armor to break? thoughts

7. Crafters just got there Jobs Back.

froji likes this.
  2. agra

agra Avatar

If they wanted a resource, time and gold sink, they would do what you've outlined (or use one of the other much better systems the players have come up with since the COTO announcement) rather than what they've done.

I'm waiting to see how they respond to the player feedback. They've made some changes, but none to the durability repair with COTO's.
    For some reason, they're holding onto that like a hungry dog with a bone. I don't know why they're so adamant about it, but I want to know their logic.
    They keep saying "it's to help the crafters" when the opposite is true, so again, it's confusing why they keep saying that.

Nolove03692 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.