Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Give us reasons to enter scenes

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by Lord_Darkmoon, Aug 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

I was wandering around on te overland map and I was asking myself, why I should enter some scenes? For example after leaving Soltown for Ardoris why should I enter the East Perennial Trail?
    I could just walk straight to Ardoris to continue the story and finish some quests. So why bother entering the scenes?
    Some might say no to grind or farm etc. But what if I am not in the game to grind or farm? What if I am in the game for the story? Why should I enter the scenes?

I think that either we should be forced to enter scenes we haven't already explored as they are "on our way" and we simply have to find our way through them the first time or there should be another reason. For example some text pops up telling us that we found some mysterious place or that we heard some screams etc. This way people would get interested in exploring the scenes to find out what happened there.

This is connected to making the overland map more interesting. I am hoping that with the upcoming roving encounters we get more to do, but I am still missing other things that can happen on the overland map. We find some body or something is catching our interest. Interesting things that can happen on the overland map and maybe make us want to explore scenes. Or maybe just something we can find. Something glitters on the overland map and we search there to find some treasure etc.

Also I am hoping that more interesting things will happen in the scenes, too. Right now every time I enter a scene I know that I will have to fight or run. In every scene there are enemies. This is getting boring. What about scenes without enemies? Some NPCs living in a hut in the forest, who give us a quest. Or we just find some abandoned hut and have to find out what happened there - without having to fight constantly and without enemies nearby - some detective story.

I am hoping that such things will be a part of SotA in the (near) future.

2. Gix

Gix Avatar

The reason why you'd want to go in a scene would be:
    • Curiosity.
    • Quest.
    • Farm/Grind.
    If you're there for the story, you can bet that there's a quest that'll lead you there... just like East Perennial Trail...

Lets not forget the random encounters... one of which has only a merchant, a dog and a bunch of sheep.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.