Glowing Harvests: a question, and some thoughts on the 'new' model

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Steevodeevo, May 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere, I can declare I have had a quick scan of this forum to see if so.

A personal observation: I really don't like the new pulsing dayglow harvestable plants effect. Its cartoony and not pretty to my eye, and against immersion. I personally didn't have too many problems working to spot harvests, I saw it as part of the game challenge. I actually believed I trained myself over time to spot them better. I don't have great eyes, and I don't have a mega PC. I didn't want harvesting to be super easy. If anyone has gathered berries, mushrooms or fished in RL, it isn't easy and that is part of the fun.

I don't mind the glimmer so much on the mineral harvests, these should have a sparkle effect anyway given that they are minerals although over time I hope the sparkle will be more 'mineral like' and more mineral specific. Currently the shimmer looks the same colour hue for all minerals to my eye.

A question: I've purposely worked hard on my Field Dressing and Survey skills and got them to a fairly high level. Do the glowing plants glow less with Survey at a lower level and more at a higher level? If not, what purpose does Survey now serve?

Thanks for reading folkses, would love to hear peoples views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.