Glyph Combo keyboard (locked + unlocked) - fires off unwanted glyph unless "start glyph combo"

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Echondas, Dec 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Now that combos are getting some love, I just tried using one, and was reminded of a reason I (as a keyboard exclusive fighter) dislike them:

- If you are combining a locked+unlocked glyph, in that order, using the (1-0) keys on the keyboard, the first glyph you select will trigger after the combo is created.. which isn't what I wanted and wastes combat time while the unwanted glyph executes. The way around this, is to make sure you have 'Start Glyph Combo' bound to a key and then you need to use that first.. which is an extra step that adds a layer of complexity.

See video here.

PS - it would also be nice if you didn't need to combine a locked + unlocked glyph in that order, but instead could use the keyboard (or mouse) to combine them in either order.

Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
    Time Lord, necronut and Violet Ronso like this.
  2. necronut

necronut Avatar

As someone who loves stacking, I can recommend a very easy way to do it using 1-3.

So let's say you want to use the maximum stack amount of Evaporate. Now, Evaporate is Juxtapose (Chaos) and Douse (Water). So I'm going to put the maximum amount of both of those glyphs in my deck. The way I arrange them is one glyph on 1 and 3, and one glyph on 2, all unlocked. For example, Douse on 1 and 3, Juxtapose on 2, all 3 keys unlocked. This ensures the only skills shuffling on those keys are the ones I assign, and lets me know how to move full stacks over to 1 with ease.

When Douse pops up on 3, and Juxtapose ALWAYS pops up on 2, and I want the combo on the left. I hold 2, tap 3. The one you're holding is the one that will be moved, the one you're tapping is the one that gets the stack. Douse on the left? Hold 2, tap 1. Now I have 2 Evaporates, one on 1, and the other on 3. I hold 3, tap 1, and now I have a 2-stack of Evaporate on the left. The only thing I can do now is hold 2, tap 3 to build up on 3, the rinse and repeat until I have a max stack of Evaporate.

If you don't follow, I'll do screenshots, but I have a short video on twitch where I demonstrate a stack method with Mind Lock. I don't go into glyph combos here, but I can... and would love to, if you like.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/798366573

I apologize for the discord audio cutting out here, I've since fixed it, but I can't do that for the video. :(

EDIT: You can map camera zoom in and out to PgUp and PgDown, then map Mousewheel Up and Down to any of your keyboard 1-0 keys to make your hotbar stacking go a lot easier. Then you've opened up a world to using other keys to make it easier, like F, Z, X, etc.

P.S. Also, props to Alphaine and Mimner for contributing so much to the way I play Shroud.

Time Lord, Echondas and Violet Ronso like this.
  3. Toular

Toular Avatar

Keyboard comboing is simple: press both numbers concurrently. I never both with the "Start Glyph Combo" method, as that seems very clunky to me. And, I did not know locked+unlocked glyphs could be combined. I always create decks with combine-able glyphs no more than 2 slots away from each other. It's easy to hit "8" and "0" at the same time, but a but more difficult to do "3" and "0". Of course you do need to check whether the resulting combo ended up in "8" or "0", but that's trivial.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

ya - it's not an issue if both glyphs are unlocked..could be a bug, but not sure, since there exists a 'start glyph combo' keybind, but like you/I mentioned, using that is awkward/clunky

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

It actually is an issue usually if you release the stack last, as it will usually fire it off. Seems like the game doesn't register the combo as the actual inputs and will repeat the key input until something is fired off / slot is empty. I wish this was easier as well :)

Note that I do not use the "Start Combo" keybind, I just stack them together on the fly like Toular mentionned.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.